Custom Map #1306: FPS: Cover Me. By: Heritor

Started by AutoPost, April 11, 2021, 02:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4vrick

Hi all :)

I just subscribed to this forum for finding informations about this map.
I can't figure out what to do with the wall with color cross, I just found it's doors by reading previous posts but where are the keys ? (I guess it's like Doom with color keys).
I managed to go through all the open map but I'm stuck at all the doors.

Thanks for you help

EDIT: Ok, I didnt see the messages when having the upgrade in front of the main room at the end of the maze. I got it now.

Vyce223

I did have fun with this, though of course the lowering of power at the end was the same with me. With that said not really any issues with the map besides when rounding some corners, it felt like some of my shots were getting eaten by the wall. Obviously it's mostly user error but I feel like if everything was maybe a tile bigger on the corners or something it could help?

hotel2oscar

Quote from: Karzon on April 11, 2021, 10:56:05 AM
What's the surprise at the end?

I had a miserable time with that second to last cache, and even getting as close as possible for that anticreep upgrade, couldn't do it until I had all the upgrade points from time passing (at 1 hour in!)  :(

I'm at 1:20. I can barely get the creeper to the last shield wall before it is all creep spawning ground with my mortar, but no further. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Don't forget to open upgrade menu and spend your points!

Snicker

Overall nice map. My main issue is that when you try to speed run it you have to fight the sac for like 10-15 minutes. That sucked and was boring. ON a side note, I did turn the speed up to x4 and walk though most of the walls. would be interesting playing around that to get a good time but ill let someone else do that. looking forward to part 2 to hopefully beat up a sac. :}

Karzon

Quote from: hotel2oscar on April 12, 2021, 08:51:14 PM
Quote from: Karzon on April 11, 2021, 10:56:05 AM
What's the surprise at the end?

I had a miserable time with that second to last cache, and even getting as close as possible for that anticreep upgrade, couldn't do it until I had all the upgrade points from time passing (at 1 hour in!)  :(

I'm at 1:20. I can barely get the creeper to the last shield wall before it is all creep spawning ground with my mortar, but no further. Am I missing something?

@hotel2oscar - what worked more specifically was shooting the ground at the very edge so that you're uncovering the breeder terrain tile by tile (cannon was more useful for me, since you need to get every last bit off the ground), then switching to sprayer when it starts to generate creeper, and also shooting that at the very edge facing the ground, then switch back when it stops generating.  You also have to stand and stay RIGHT next to the creeper the moment there's space on the other side of the force field so that upgrade that makes AC near you is helpful.  It's a tug of war.

D0m0nik

I don't get the appeal of this one, turn a corner, slowly clear the corridor, turn corner, repeat x50. There is no strategy involved at all. The air sac at the end just hovered over the roof and did nothing and then after a bit died. I also found on x4 speed I could walk through walls.