Custom Map #1600: FOXX Tower Defence 2. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, October 27, 2020, 02:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1600: FOXX Tower Defence 2

Author: FOXX
Size: 206x245

Desc:
2nd FOXX PF Tower Defence map. Inspired by PF Map 1018 by Vector Defence inc. This map has some changes. (info in conversation) #Instabuild by Goodmorning #Thanks to Alche for idea and info.

chwooly

Foxx, This idea just doesn't work in PF, Tolerances are just too tight to make this a fun map for a casual player, Even with the lasers, Mk7's, cannons and carriers built by 14mins the amount of particle is overwhelming, I am sure if I paused it every 5 secs to make sure I have optimized the builds and gotten the ships placed in the optimal spot I can beat it but having tried 4 runs, I find it just isn't worth it. I want to be able to make a mistake or 2, learn from it and be able to beat the map,  This feels too much like work and not something to take my mind off of my real world problems. Your image maps, build your own ships, and other maps are lots of fun, as they allow for mistakes that are recoverable from without having to restart the map.

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

FOXX

Quote from: chwooly on October 27, 2020, 10:26:53 PM
Foxx, This idea just doesn't work in PF, Tolerances are just too tight to make this a fun map for a casual player, Even with the lasers, Mk7's, cannons and carriers built by 14mins the amount of particle is overwhelming, I am sure if I paused it every 5 secs to make sure I have optimized the builds and gotten the ships placed in the optimal spot I can beat it but having tried 4 runs, I find it just isn't worth it. I want to be able to make a mistake or 2, learn from it and be able to beat the map,  This feels too much like work and not something to take my mind off of my real world problems. Your image maps, build your own ships, and other maps are lots of fun, as they allow for mistakes that are recoverable from without having to restart the map.

Cheers
I know Chwooly, mentioned it in previous map. This is not your kind of map i see and the setup is quite harsh in these. For me these maps are an interesting change of pass and i quite like to figure out different setups in maps. That is the reason why i make a couple of these maps. But i am also making other maps.

Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

jelus

Hi FOXX,

I really appreciate your work. And I thank you very much.

In all the Tower Defense type I tried, well, this is not my type of game.

Lack of energy, slow building, MK never fully built (missings turrets), and to add to the fun, particle ships which are not destroyed go back to their point of departure, through their path, they destroy my ships.

Cheers and take care.

FOXX

Quote from: jelus on November 10, 2020, 11:38:34 AM
Hi FOXX,

I really appreciate your work. And I thank you very much.

In all the Tower Defense type I tried, well, this is not my type of game.

Lack of energy, slow building, MK never fully built (missings turrets), and to add to the fun, particle ships which are not destroyed go back to their point of departure, through their path, they destroy my ships.

Cheers and take care.
Hi Jelus,
Map as intended. Turns out these maps are more for my fun editing then for players playing.
Thank you for the kind words and luckily there are other maps to play.

Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS