Custom Map #3167: VPAC Pressing Forwards. By: Vertu

Started by AutoPost, May 16, 2022, 07:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3167: VPAC Pressing Forwards

Author: Vertu
Size: 320x200

Vertu

No amount of energy production can power a Vertu Battle group not expecting or wishing to use their reactors for all their personal power needs.

This also taught me how optimized my VAUs are. At least in terms of slowdown.
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

Mr$Hyper$

Reminds me of one of my CW3 maps where it's all coded units mashed together creating so much lag.

This anti-nuke building is USELESS. A nuke was fired within the secondary ring, and it was shot down, but the nuke went along and destroyed everything else regardless so it's pointless building anti-nukes.

Forge build feature used to build more buildings.

alche

super laggy from the start, for some reason it wont let me build the lancer and the hq, maybe i need the latest vaersion of the game?

Vertu

Quote from: Mr$Hyper$ on May 17, 2022, 08:25:20 PM
Reminds me of one of my CW3 maps where it's all coded units mashed together creating so much lag.
Actually it's custom units that have the core setting "Routes Packets" enabled. It causes massive slowdown if said custom unit is in large quantities, like 20 or 40. This map had 20 but it is a lot more bearable than if it had 43, which it originally had.

Then it's the fact so much stuff was on this map. I will not be doing XL maps from now on so expect this level of lag to become much less common. If it is ever achieved again.
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

Vertu

Quote from: alche on May 17, 2022, 08:46:04 PM
super laggy from the start, for some reason it wont let me build the lancer and the hq, maybe i need the latest vaersion of the game?
Stable version 2.3.3.
The HQ, aka Forge, auto builds on being placed via an animation 1 frame after it was originally placed.
The Lancer needs to be built next to it while it is not moving and has Line Of Sight as can be seen by a red beam if it is unable to build it unless recharging.

Brila

Now that is a bad map. 8 FPS in combination with destroying my things and you can not do anything to prevent hat, is to much for me.
I don't mind hard maps, but this is just a slugfest. Please do not upload 8 FPS maps, it is not fun.

MadVandal

The lag is so bad it drags an overclocked 5900 down to where the clock is 1/10th actual time. Too many scripts for too many goofy special weapons. Anti-Nuke doesn't work more than half the time to the point it's useless wasting power on it.

Clueless Disgrace

Now let's not be so harsh, I'm sure Vertu is getting there any time now :)

Vertu

Quote from: Clueless Disgrace on May 21, 2022, 05:18:35 PM
Now let's not be so harsh, I'm sure Vertu is getting there any time now :)
?

Note: I mean no offence. I am just being brutally honest.
I have not replied as I have little tolerance of such bickering.
The game experiences slowdown when over taxed. No beefy enough computer tower is going to solve that. If you are on a laptop, forget it. They are called XL for a damn reason so quit complaining and heed the "lag" tag. The tag is there for a reason.
It is very unhelpful when bickering comments like those are posted. I have no idea what an overclocked 5900 is and don't care. The game runs at 30 FPS per cycle at best anyways. 30 Frames will always happen in 1 in-game second and no hardware is going to change that so the game NEEDS to do everything in 30 Frames for a second to pass in-game. Hence the slowdown.

I am a modder, not the creator of this game, I can't magically super optimize the API's to use less performance because they are hard coded and they are designed to be super mod friendly. If they where mega-optimized they wouldn't be user friendly for modders without major pre-experience.

The AntiNUKE works 100% of the time ever since I gave its missile the ability to slow down and speed up based on how it is closing in on the nuke.
It would be far more helpful to not bicker and instead give legitimate information.
Was it not firing? Where the missiles not targeting the nuke? Where the missiles missing the nuke? Was it too late for the missiles to intercept?
It is not helpful to just say "it works 50% of the time" when in 100% of my uses of its latest version worked flawlessly.
Our experiences are so different that details are a requirement.