Custom Map #2611: PAC Bulwark. By: Vertu

Started by AutoPost, November 27, 2021, 08:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2611: PAC Bulwark

Author: Vertu
Size: 256x160

Vertu

You all (and I) are lucky I forgot to re-enable the Reactor Fighter to be summoned in.
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

Malignantmind

I almost noped out when I saw the special units in this map because I know how tough they can be and I'm not particularly good with your maps. But, this one was surprisingly easy. Fun map, didn't take too long to finish.

Vertu

Quote from: Malignantmind on November 28, 2021, 12:13:52 AM
I almost noped out when I saw the special units in this map because I know how tough they can be and I'm not particularly good with your maps. But, this one was surprisingly easy. Fun map, didn't take too long to finish.
Quick quesiton, was your computer able to handle it? Mine wasn't and I spent like 3 hours for my like 40 minute take.
If you didn't take 40 in-game minutes, then well done.
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

Hatsee

Playing against the creeper I have never had an SCM just target a random patch of creeper that is nowhere near anything.  They'd be cake if that happened. 

It actually didn't get harder, not sure if the options in conversation mattered or not.  But they seemed to summon everything. 

Vertu

Quote from: Hatsee on November 28, 2021, 01:51:18 AM
Playing against the creeper I have never had an SCM just target a random patch of creeper that is nowhere near anything.  They'd be cake if that happened. 

It actually didn't get harder, not sure if the options in conversation mattered or not.  But they seemed to summon everything.
The reason it targets a random area is because targeting the rift lab, nuke silo, summoner, and factory would of lead it straight into a Maginot line of Anti Air missile launchers. It was to ensure it would at least do something rather than just get shot down. Heck, if it targets the V-Reactor in front of the AA line, it will successfully land but not much deeper.

Malignantmind

Quote from: Vertu on November 28, 2021, 01:25:56 AM
Quote from: Malignantmind on November 28, 2021, 12:13:52 AM
Quick quesiton, was your computer able to handle it? Mine wasn't and I spent like 3 hours for my like 40 minute take.
If you didn't take 40 in-game minutes, then well done.

It handled it decently well. There was a bit of lag but nothing like some of the other maps I've seen. My time was around 38 minutes at 4x speed. But I'd say I probably spent, real time, 25-30 minutes playing.

PLEISTRIUS

Hi guys,
It seems from replays this map has  average level of difficulty but i am struggling so hard. It looks like i use all type of minions but, i guess, i  am missing smth huge here. Any tips/help?

Vertu

Quote from: PLEISTRIUS on November 29, 2021, 01:49:26 PM
Hi guys,
It seems from replays this map has  average level of difficulty but i am struggling so hard. It looks like i use all type of minions but, i guess, i  am missing smth huge here. Any tips/help?
C r i m s o n .
Not gonna lie, super tempted to add fully PAC orientated units because Field gen, Crimson, Emitter combo is.. a bit broken. (Maybe that is because of the massive firepower of my units compared to the strength of AC in general).
The only time there is real difficulty for the crimson is against ERNed towers, that is where you get blobs to assassinate them so the ERNs go somewhere else.

Malignantmind

Quote from: PLEISTRIUS on November 29, 2021, 01:49:26 PM
Hi guys,

Crimson, field gen, emitters. That's all you need. I built only a single launcher, and that was just to grab the one little power cell thing that's on it's own piece of land in the bottom middle. Otherwise, it was just those three, and just keep pushing forward.

Snicker

Fun map. I had so much fun that i didnt sleep before work. XD  but i do like aiming to the mighty one. I'll be back to try to run it fast later :}

GadgetBoy

Quote from: AutoPost on November 27, 2021, 08:22:51 PM
This topic is for discussion of map #2611: PAC Bulwark

Author: Vertu
Size: 256x160

I found this utterly impossible. Can we have some anti-air units to balance your BS overpowered fighters? Every other unit on the map can be destroyed or otherwise rendered useless.

Mr$Hyper$

First time I saw 100 missiles firing at my beginner emitter 5 seconds in know what I'm not interested in spending 2 hours of missile hell

The lag is unimaginable, this laptop of mine runs on 8 G of ram and it can run SC2 1v1 on high graphics fine while. I turn off every graphic setting and it still runs like a motor with a pitchfork in it.

GadgetBoy

Gave it another attempt.

You have no concept of balance.

Absolutely NONE.

This *could* have been a fun map, but because of all of your overpowered weapons that I have absolutely ZERO defence against turn it from a potentially fun map to a frustrating and maddening slog.

Having literally half of my creeper on the map erased by a missile I cannot defend against is complete and utter bullshit.

You're making hard maps for the sake of making them hard. They aren't fun.

BrokenLifeCycle

Alright. So I played this map. Proceeded to deliberately tick off the director to spawn in a crapton of enemy units. When I destroyed the Rift Lab, I was met with a "Well Played" dialogue box which did not let me close it and take my victory.

What gives? Is that a secret ending? Is it broken? What?