Custom Map #1775: The Coalition 02. By: Leetthief

Started by AutoPost, October 24, 2021, 07:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1775: The Coalition 02

Author: Leetthief
Size: 384x216

Desc:
An abandoned cargo capsule lies among a tangled macroflora asteroid belt. The United Engineering Coalition suspects that many valuables can be found in its forgotten hold. (Recommended start is in blue plasma) Leave a comment on the forums!

Leetthief

[BEGIN TRANSMISSION]

Hello all, Leetthief here! I hope you enjoyed this map! If you have any suggestions, criticisms, or tips leave them here!
Anyways, I got CW4 recently after forgetting about the series and it got me to play through PFE (and Infested Planet but don't tell Knuckle Cracker!) all over again.

I hope I can improve and make even better maps in the future! In the Next map, the UEC will refit and rearm and have better and cooler (read: actual) warships!

[END TRANSMISSSION]

neoexdeath

Once again a decent, but rather simple map. Somewhat longer than it's predecessor and it rather overstays it's welcome as the game forces you to pick up all collectibles to end the mission. Since most of them are placed on land, which by the end is probably going to be fully mired red, you're forced to get rid of it first... And that's made more tedious by the fact that most of the land is connected, so lots of mire to clear.

The banter is still quite enjoyable. I was especially amused by that hint that it might be kleptomaniac lady's fault that the fleet is in such a sorry state. The new designs are also nice with the two Cleric ships being the most notable.
Life can't exist without death, just like good can't exist without evil.