Suggestions/Questions

Started by Gem, January 04, 2021, 08:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gem

Just some thoughts, maybe you have workarounds or I've missed how to do it properly, comments appreciated.

• Colonies [vote]: Give me the opportunity to vote a map AFTER i played it. I (and I guess some other folk around) am to lazy to search for the map again after I played it and vote.
  • Colonies [filter]: Remember the Filter-Settings between games (it seems to get messed up to newest sometimes)
  • Gameplay [formations]: Option to turn formations (at least by 90°), or even better have some formations as preset (lines, squares, circles, whatever and in different orientations)
  • Gameplay [copy build]: Using TAB on a building should copy the orientation
  • Gameplay [build]: Existing towers shouldn't block the blueprint of new towers - if you want to draw a line of towers and it is broken by a tower in the way, it's a bit inconvenient
  • Gameplay [build]: I would really like to draw a blueprint grid of towers (would save me a lot line drawing  :))

Karsten75

Quote from: Gem on January 04, 2021, 08:11:01 AM
Just some thoughts, maybe you have workarounds or I've missed how to do it properly, comments appreciated.

• Colonies [vote]: Give me the opportunity to vote a map AFTER i played it. I (and I guess some other folk around) am to lazy to search for the map again after I played it and vote.
  • Colonies [filter]: Remember the Filter-Settings between games (it seems to get messed up to newest sometimes)
Version 1.1.1 already does this.

[quote[
  • Gameplay [formations]: Option to turn formations (at least by 90°), or even better have some formations as preset (lines, squares, circles, whatever and in different orientations)
[/quote]
Current formation can be maintained. The key is by default "G".
  • Gameplay [copy build]: Using TAB on a building should copy the orientation
known requirement
  • Gameplay [build]: Existing towers shouldn't block the blueprint of new towers - if you want to draw a line of towers and it is broken by a tower in the way, it's a bit inconvenient
  • Gameplay [build]: I would really like to draw a blueprint grid of towers (would save me a lot line drawing  :))

Gem

Quote from: Karsten75 on January 04, 2021, 08:30:05 AM
Hm, I'm on 1.1.1 and my FIlters get messed up after a map. And I can't find a VOTE-Option after I finished a map - where should it be?

Current formation can be maintained. The key is by default "G".
Yeah, I know, but I suggest a possibility to bring "formationless" Units into a form and to be able to turn the formation (at least by 90°, or better like map rotating).

Gem

Quote from: Gem on January 04, 2021, 01:30:12 PM
Hm, I'm on 1.1.1 and my FIlters get messed up after a map. And I can't find a VOTE-Option after I finished a map - where should it be?

Sorry to bring this up again, but could you give me a hint, where the VOTE-Option is after I've finished a map? It would be nice to give the mapmakers the deserved feedback, but as mentioned, sometimes I'm to lazy to go back and look up my played maps to rate them...

Gem

Thanks - but this is the Option before you play a map, right (I'm aware of that function)?

My suggestion was, to bring up the vote when you finish a map, without the need to search for the map again in the map browser. Sorry if I didn't make this clear in my first post.

Thanks again and keep up the nice games, I'm with you since cw1 :)

BilboGCL

You see that when you end a map, too

Greetings from The Shire!
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

Karsten75

Quote from: Gem on January 11, 2021, 04:13:57 PM
Thanks - but this is the Option before you play a map, right (I'm aware of that function)?

My suggestion was, to bring up the vote when you finish a map, without the need to search for the map again in the map browser. Sorry if I didn't make this clear in my first post.

Thanks again and keep up the nice games, I'm with you since cw1 :)

You need to update your game past 1.1 to get the functionality post-completion of a mission.

Gem

Ok, I've missed this, because my filter settings (not played) interfere with that, as you can see below - this is taken right after finishing a map.

BilboGCL

Oh, are you maybe still on 1.0? It has changed afaik with 1.1
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

Gem

Quote from: BilboGCL on January 12, 2021, 10:31:10 AM
Oh, are you maybe still on 1.0? It has changed afaik with 1.1
Nope, I'm up-to-date with it... 

Karsten75

No matter how hard I try, I can't read your "filter settings" screenshot. If the map you played is excluded by the filter settings, you won't see it if it is no w excluded by the filter settings. That can't be changed. If it is, it'll be quite confusing as well and hard to make clear to users.

Gem

Ok, nerver mind. My setting is "not played", and the filter does what it should and hides the map after I've played it, so the vote-Option is not shown.
I think it's a bit unfortunate, but ok, at least now I know why it isn't shown thank you for your help.