Pass The Map 7 : A reboot on the sunny seas

Started by pawel345, October 02, 2017, 01:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawel345

Hi everyone it has been a while since the last Pass The Map initiative for Creeper World 3. Let's try an make a new map to see if our map making skills have not rusted. I reboot with the theme of Pass The Map 3, A vacation with creeper on the sunny seas.

During the previous Pass the maps we have learned a few lessons so the rules will be a bit more strict this time around. I will also cross post this thread to Creeper World 3 Steam Disccusion in hope of some new blood.

Here are the rules:

Rules:
1. You can make changes to the map only if none has LOCKED the topic.
2. To make your tile make a post in this thread saying LOCKED. Then download the map form the latest UNLOCKED post.
3. After editing, FINALIZE your map and make a new post with UNLOCKED in it. Attach the finalized map and screenshot.
4. You may not make another tile unless 3 other people make theirs.
5. The time limit is 4 hours, so that one does not lock the topic if they will not make their part of the map.

Map Specific rules:
1. No additional CRPL
2. The map has an "Ocean" CRPL script, It fills the entire map with creeper up to terrain lvl 4, makes the creeper evapotate and flow much faster and sets the edges to a tide like behaviour between terrain level 3 and 4.
3. The theme Is "Vacation on the sunny islands with creeper".
4. I will be moderating the map.

Some additional points:
1. I disabled terps, but feel free to add the tech somewhere on the map, just make it hard to get.
2. I set some textures that seem to be ok, go ahead and change them, but leave terrain 3 and 4 textures sand like, as that's the "sea level".
3. The emmiter in my inital square gives an ore field.

There is a script added to modify the reward for emitters. Use the custom emitters script if you want something else than PZ to be left behind.
mode:
1-PZ
2-Ore Deposit
3-Totem
4,5,6-Resource Pack, Aether,Ore,Energy use the Ramt to set the amount of resource
7,8,9-AoO Freeze,Mass,Convert
10- tech, write the name in the Str field.

I strongly encourage to use this script for additional rewards as there can easily be a situation where a PZ on one square can be used to kill enemies form another square.

Here are the previous Pass the map topics:

1. https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=15373.0
2. https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=15429.0
3. https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=15471.0 
4. https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=16118.0
5. https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=18257.0
6. https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=18372.0

If you have any questions/suggestions feel free to ask.  ;D

planetfall

Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

planetfall

UNLOCKED

Who doesn't love a lighthouse and coral reef? That's how oceans work, right? Hello fellow fish?

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

GoodMorning

A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

GoodMorning

UNLOCKED

Tidal flats, and a tree growing on Ore. Cut it down if you prefer industry to botany, and have an Ore Mine tech.

pawel345

UNLOCKED

Added a volcano to the (i hope one of) starting location, with a runner nest and some digitalis. The emmiter in the volcano gives a totem, runner nest gives a standard PZ. I hope someone making nearby squares will connect the digitalis as the volcano emmitter is easily destroyed.

BilboGCL

Thanks for the invitation and pointing me to this topic!
Locked.
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

BilboGCL

UNLOCKED

Okay - I hope it's okay that I have exceeded the limits of the tile a bit - if not, feel free to flatten the area again
    I've added a cannon boat with:

• 5 sporetowers, each one spore, initial delay 7000-7400, interval 2500-2900 and payload 30-70
    • A nest with one runner, 1200 interval, 150 health and 400 payload
    • An emitter with amount 10 and interval 3 and a starting delay of 120
    • One weak totem (72000)
    each sporetower will give a PZ, but there's void under the units, so no harm can be done to anything in the neighborhood.

Greetings from The Shire!

P.S. If somethings wrong, please let me know - I've accidentally moved one big tile but I think I've put it back in place again... [/list]
    Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

planetfall

planetfall

UNLOCKED

Here's the Terp Temple. Maybe this isn't hard enough to get, but there's not much point in putting a useful tool in the hardest part of the map.

Also: you said no additional CRPL, but you didn't say no additional scriptless CRPL cores! (evil laugh)

GoodMorning

GoodMorning

UNLOCKED

Changes:
    New, slower starting area in the lower-right.
    Ore mines will need to be acquired now.

By request, planetfall's temple-fires have a different mode.

FOXX

Why not make a Trip to CW3 Lane.

Edit -> Let me answer that. Because i can't remove the Square on which Part i want to Edit.
    So better leave this to CW3 Map Makers.

UNLOCKED

Nothing has changed. Use Previous savefile.

The FPAF
    For My Maps and Ships!
    Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

GoodMorning

FOXX:

The square-indicator Core is rather large, and can only be moved in "Edit Map" => "Units". The CW3 editor uses "X" as the deletion key. Hope this helps.