Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4368: Experiment V

Author: Iron John Logan
Size: 128x256

Desc:
Have fun!

Johnny Haywire

Great map! Something really different - not really difficult but very fun!  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Helper

I can't remember the method to build a remote Guppy and have it bring back AC.
Any kind soul feeling generous out there?
Thanks,
H

cornucanis

Quote from: Helper on November 26, 2021, 03:57:05 AM
I can't remember the method to build a remote Guppy and have it bring back AC.
Any kind soul feeling generous out there?
Thanks,
H

1. Build an energy guppy in your base
2. Send guppy to ore mine and have it build the ore mine
3. Have the energy guppy also build a second guppy by the ore mine, with a collector to link them
4. Set second guppy to transport ore
5. Send ore guppy to deliver to your base, at which point your CN should manufacture it into AC

Helper

Aha!
Thank you.
I was building an AC Guppy, but couldn't get his tank to fill up.

Now, in this map, there are no Ore mines, just AC emitters.
I fly up a regular Guppy to build an AC Guppy, and there is plenty of AC sitting there in the pool, but it won't load into the AC Guppy.

Weird.
Thanks,
H

Helper

Hmmmm...
I can build Sprayer and fill them up at the AC emitters, then fly them back to home base.
Is that how other people did it?
I still don't see how that will get Bombers loaded with AC.

(Am I trapped inside a puzzle map and don't know it?)

Oh, the humanity!

teknotiss

Quote from: Helper on November 26, 2021, 04:31:04 AM
Hmmmm...
I can build Sprayer and fill them up at the AC emitters, then fly them back to home base.
Is that how other people did it?
I still don't see how that will get Bombers loaded with AC.

(Am I trapped inside a puzzle map and don't know it?)

Oh, the humanity!

what does it say on the sprayer options regarding Dispatch AC as ...

we all overlook things...

and guppies have 3 settings...
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Helper

Hey Tek!
Thanks for checking in.
Attached jpg - all the boxes check and that is an AC Guppy.

I'd pay tuppence to see a screen grab of what it is supposed to look like.

Thanks,
H

Johnny Haywire

Hey, Helper!

Just put a sprayer in the AC, select "dispatch excess AC as ore".

Then send the output (ore) to a nearby guppy pad with settings set to ORE (not AC) and get the ore back to your base.

The ore guppy will need to have an origin (i.e., "pad") next to your sprayer and a destination set to your CN (or a network connected to your CN).

From there you'll know what to do with it. Hope that helps! ;)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

teknotiss

Quote from: Helper on November 27, 2021, 07:17:47 PM
Hey Tek!
Thanks for checking in.
Attached jpg - all the boxes check and that is an AC Guppy.

I'd pay tuppence to see a screen grab of what it is supposed to look like.

Thanks,
H

yup, and if you were supplying a sprayer then AC would be the right setting...

if you are gathering ore and sending it back from a sprayer, like JH says, it is sent as ore.

;D

DOH! moment i suspect is imminent  ;)

happy to help... you will need a power guppy or collector to route the ore through from the "Dispatch AC as ORE" sprayers to the ORE guppies.

8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Helper

Thanks Gents,
It looks as though I still need to ride the short bus to school.
All the setting were correct - EXCEPT - I was trying to collect the excess AC as "AC".
As soon as I kick it over to "Ore", the action started and I can commence the attack.

I need to bookmark this page for the next time I forget how to do this trick.
Thanks much.

Tek - I started playing your #2865: teks034 flippin' farmin' 'mids and having a good time.
My goal is 53:12...if you know what I mean.  ;)

Oh yeah...take a look at the attachment Guppy (Doh!)

teknotiss

Quote from: Helper on November 28, 2021, 04:52:11 AM
Thanks Gents,
It looks as though I still need to ride the short bus to school.
All the setting were correct - EXCEPT - I was trying to collect the excess AC as "AC".
As soon as I kick it over to "Ore", the action started and I can commence the attack.

I need to bookmark this page for the next time I forget how to do this trick.
Thanks much.

Tek - I started playing your #2865: teks034 flippin' farmin' 'mids and having a good time.
My goal is 53:12...if you know what I mean.  ;)

Oh yeah...take a look at the attachment Guppy (Doh!)

no problem, we all overlook stuff and lets be honest, none of us are getting any younger!  ;) ;D

i am not sure what you mean with the flippin' map sorry dude, but in my defence it is freezing ove here and my brain is not working at max efficiency for the last few days! 

but i am glad you like it, that one is one of my favourites, i think i will make a few more "flippin'" maps...

8)

Helper

Quote from: teknotiss on November 28, 2021, 06:37:33 AM

i am not sure what you mean with the flippin' map sorry dude, but in my defence it is freezing ove here and my brain is not working at max efficiency for the last few days! 

but i am glad you like it, that one is one of my favourites, i think i will make a few more "flippin'" maps...

8)

More flipping maps would be fun. Bring 'em on!

My goal of 53:12 is to beat a certain player who got a 53:13. If you think about it, you'll know just who I mean.
::)

teknotiss

Quote from: Helper on November 28, 2021, 08:58:15 AM
Quote from: teknotiss on November 28, 2021, 06:37:33 AM

8)

i think i know what you mena now, but my game is only showing me up to 49 min scores it seems.

More flipping maps would be fun. Bring 'em on!

My goal of 53:12 is to beat a certain player who got a 53:13. If you think about it, you'll know just who I mean.
::)

Helper

Quote from: teknotiss on November 28, 2021, 09:33:00 AM
i think i know what you mena now, but my game is only showing me up to 49 min scores it seems.

I noticed that too. Only the top 250 scores are displayed.
You can do a search by "username" that will find it regardless of time/place.
I think you had over 400 finishers.
H