Pass the map 3-Let's make a map together

Started by pawel345, February 09, 2014, 08:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawel345

Rules:
1. You can make changes to the map only if none has LOCKED the topic.
2. To make your tile make a post in this thread saying LOCKED. Then download the map form the latest UNLOCKEDpost.
3. After editing, FINALIZE your map and make a new post with UNLOCKEDin it. Attach the finalized map and screenshot.
4. You may not make another tile unless 3other people make theirs.
5. The time limit is 5 hours, so that one does not lock the topic if they will not make their part of the map.
6.Any CRPL you add to the map must be tested. Before uploading a map with you new CRPL playtest the map and see if everything works. Also when testing do it on another save. Resetting time and deleting all creeper on the map might mess up some things.

Map Specific rules:
1.The map theme is "Vacation on the sunny islands with creeper".

Edit: ah and the emitter in my section gives a totem. If you place any emitters write what will they give.
2. I added a core making a creeper ocean at the edges of the map, and filling the the map with 4-terrain deep creeper. Also the ocean script has tides so it slowly increases and decreased by 1. So terrain 5 is completely safe form creeper and 4 is sometimes flooded. Also the flow and evaporation rates are increased.
3.I made an Emitter script like the one used in the previous pass the map. I modified it with 2 new parameters, describing what will the emitter leave behind. As we had a bit too many PZ in the previous version this time I encourage to use this script to give the player other rewards.
mode:
1-PZ
2-Ore Deposit
3-Totem
4,5,6-Resource Pack, Aether,Ore,Energy use the Ramt to set the amount of resource
7,8,9-AoO Freeze,Mass,Convert

4. I disabled terps, but feel free to add the tech somewhere on the map, just make it hard to get.
5. I set some textures that seem to be ok, go ahead and change them, but leave terrain 3 and 4 textures sand like, as that's the "sea level".

HINT: Since the squares to edit are not on a grid it might be hard to see where to edit. For that, just don't delete a square just set it's image to none, and edit the terrain.

Edit: The emitter I placed gives a Totem on destruction. Please write what does the emitters you place give.

MadMag

UNLOCKED

Just started on my square..

Lost in Nowhere

UNLOCKED!
pawel, mind if I modify your script so that it can also give a tech on destruction?
Don't die! :)

pawel345

Sure do that :D I wasn't sure how to make it give a techartifact and also had little time when I was doing that so I did the easy things to script.

Lost in Nowhere

UNLOCKED
-Modified pawel's emitter script to allow it to create techs - use 10 for the mode, and use the name of the tech for Str
-Emitter in the bottom-right creates a terp tech on death
-Emitter and slip emitters in the bottom-right emit a bunch of creeper on death

Initially, I tried to make a shield system. It didn't work.

planetfall

Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

planetfall

UNLOCKED

Added two boats that travel in predefined paths. One goes around a large area of the map so if you don't want it near your square, feel free to change its path variables. Both act as emitters, can only be damaged by snipers, drop ore deposits when destroyed, and can return to their docks to repair.

(A note -- it looks like the slip emitters can be nullified and create power zones. Is that intentional?)

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Flabort

Unlocked
No CRPL in my section.
Disabled Bombers, put a bomber tech on my section.
The section has the cliff-side vacation home of some wealthy people; sealed inside is an Anti Emitter.

Edit: Oops, forgot to use the scripts already in existence. Eh, someone else can mod the AE to leave behind something else if they want.
My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)

pawel345

Unloacked

-Added the middle of a "crescent moon" shaped island with 2 emitters both leave a ore deposit on death.
-Modified the starting island to a higher terrain and addad a 500 energy pack. And I'm still not confident that's enough to survive planetfall's ships. Could you increase the time before they activate?
-Added an oceanic rift with a shipwreck(that does nothing) and a spore tower at the bottom of the sea.

Lost in Nowhere

UNLOCKED!
Fixed slip emitters
The emitter creates an aether pack.

planetfall

Quote from: pawel345 on February 09, 2014, 05:33:45 PM
Unloacked

-Added the middle of a "crescent moon" shaped island with 2 emitters both leave a PZ on death.
-Modified the starting island to a higher terrain and addad a 500 energy pack. And I'm still not confident that's enough to survive planetfall's ships. Could you increase the time before they activate?
-Added an oceanic rift with a shipwreck(that does nothing) and a spore tower at the bottom of the sea.

Yes, just lower the variable "Heal" in boat.crpl. Or reduce their emitter strength or increase their spore reload time.

MadMag

Grauniad

As a caveat. I'm strongly suggesting that the number of scores associated with a community map match the number of authors credited in the opening text. It should ensure that your joint efforts have greater mass appeal. :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon