Pass the map 2-Let's make a map together

Started by pawel345, February 04, 2014, 01:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost in Nowhere

UNLOCKED
Added the middle-bottom large area

I just noticed that it kind of looks like a head...
Don't die! :)

Grayzzur

UNLOCKED

Quote from: Lost in Nowhere on February 04, 2014, 08:42:10 PM
Currently, saving the Forge is impossible as far as I can tell.
I had an idea about that....

Looks like whatever's destroying the floor damaged one of those cannons. This one has an anti-creeper payload, and due to the damaged rails requires energy from the player network to fire. Targeting servo is jammed, and it's pointed at the Forge.

Currently set to request 10 packets to fire, with a payload of 250 shots before it's empty. That and the size of the energy node next to it are negotiable with respect to opening game balance/difficulty. I'll take suggestions and make adjustments during the final edit phase.

Originally I was going to suggest we lock down Terps on this map, but now that the little DrillRider is going crazy, I think some players may need a Terp!
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

pawel345

UNLOCKED

I added a dome protecting 4 spore towers. It only takes map space so that you can't build a nullifier. To bring it down you need to take all generators on the map. I added a generator to my previous square. If you could add some generators in other squares as well I would be thankfull. The generator acts like a regular emitter, it just has some nice graphics. You can adjust the amount it produces as well as the delay.

MadMag

I can take one square if no one fights me for it??

pawel345

Grayzzur

Don't forget to post "LOCKED" in big letters while you work.

I'll probably change the emitter in the upper spiral to one of those generators when everyone is done.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

MadMag

Just had to come home from work first :)

Clean0nion

Whoever next builds more rail - please! Add some more turrets!

Grayzzur

I don't think we want too many turrets. Plus, have you watched that little drill rider unit? There will be rails... lots and lots of rails.

Clean0nion

Quote from: Grayzzur on February 06, 2014, 11:13:58 AM
I don't think we want too many turrets. Plus, have you watched that little drill rider unit? There will be rails... lots and lots of rails.
Lots of rails but no turrets to use them make for an empty map. And we don't have a great deal of emitters as it is.

MadMag

UNLOCKED

- Started with the terrain design for my square
- Removed Map Border
- Added Death Star (with a tiny funny detail if you look close)
- Added a spinning Galaxy
- Changed Terrain Texture 5 because I thought the color was to bright on the old one. I think the new one looks better with the rest of the color theme. I`ll revert it if you guys think the old texture looks better.

pawel345

I say it looks cool :D Again I would ask to add some of my "generators" across the map, as with only one the huge structure I made has no purpose.
About the turrets I say a person who will do the two squares that are let make a "factory" for turrets that will make new ones once player kills the old ones. ofc you should be able to kill the factory-similar to a runner nest.

JonneeG

UNLOCKED

I added another rail creating thing and a generator.
also added a place where someone could code a turret spawner If someone could actually code the thing, that would be great,
added a generator,
limited terps and berthas to ~6

pawel345

Ok there is was a problem with C0 turret script making them invincible. I fixed it and also made them not leave a PZ. As we might want to have some more turrets I propose we add a turret factory to the map. I would place it under the dome for some protection, it will make new small turrets so that there will be 5 on the map, something like in V's Aether map. What do you guys think? I attach the fixed turret script and the proposed turret factory script below.

Clean0nion

Quote from: pawel345 on February 06, 2014, 01:53:17 PM
Ok there is was a problem with C0 turret script making them invincible. I fixed it and also made them not leave a PZ.
Alright. That seems to be fine. Your solution is a tad messy, but I'll leave it there nonetheless.
However - I didn't like the thing where you change the redness based on health. It was horrible. Steppy and blocky. Like income taxes, but in for image redness.

So, I improved that and commented what you put there in the @CheckHealth function!
What I commented
#   Self CONST_HEALTH GetUnitAttribute 10000 eq if
#   Self "main" 255 255 255 255 SetImageColor
#   endif
#   Self CONST_HEALTH GetUnitAttribute 10000 lt if
#   Self "main" 255 200 100 255 SetImageColor
#   endif
#   Self CONST_HEALTH GetUnitAttribute 9961 lt if
#   Self "main" 255 100 100 255 SetImageColor
#   endif
#   Self CONST_HEALTH GetUnitAttribute 9941 lt if
#   Self "main" 255 0 0 255 SetImageColor
#   endif
[close]
What I added
Self "main" 255 Self CONST_HEALTH GetUnitAttribute 9940 sub 60 div 255 mul dup 255 SetImageColor
[close]