Pass the map 2-Let's make a map together

Started by pawel345, February 04, 2014, 01:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawel345

Topic locked, move to Pass the Map 3 :D

Rules:
1. You can make changes to the map only if none has LOCKED the topic.
2. To make your tile make a post in this thread saying LOCKED. Then download the map form the latest UNLOCKED post.
3. After editing, FINALIZE your map and make a new post with UNLOCKED in it. Attach the finalized map and screenshot.
4. You may not make another tile unless 3 (!changed) other people make theirs.
5. The time limit is 5 hours, so that one does not lock the topic if they will not make their part of the map.

Map specific rules:
1. The tiles are uneven size to make things more interesting. You may not claim more than one large(45x45) tile.
2. The map theme is "Industrial", #noDigitalis and #noRunners. I set the terrain textures but feel free to change them if you have a better idea. This might change once someone makes/chooses really cool textures.
3. Don't make too severe unit limits, and if you change the unit limits write it, limiting CN's to 1 is cool but disallowing half of the weapons is less so.

Clean0nion

UNLOCKED!!!

Added a moving cannon. Shoots automatically at player units. Moves along level 7 terrain like a glider (this is a $var and can be changed per individual tower). Sets its own images automatically. Is damaged by nullifiers normally, and snipe it to disable.

pawel345

UNLOCKED!!!
I have applied the textures, so don't change them now.
Also I'm not sure what's the range of your gun C0? It looked like 50?? I think it's too large, as the gun moves only the units near it should be targeted so I'm in favour changing the range to around 20.

Clean0nion

Quote from: pawel345 on February 04, 2014, 03:34:57 PM
I have applied the textures, so don't change them now.
Also I'm not sure what's the range of your gun C0? It looked like 50?? I think it's too large, as the gun moves only the units near it should be targeted so I'm in favour changing the range to around 20.
Ah yes - I assumed I did that. Forgot to recompile. I'll lock this topic again and make a new bit as well as fixing that cannon once two more people have modified.
For those who would add more cannons - just place a core and add "net_turret.crpl". They DO NOT have to be on L7 terrain. If so, they'll just stay still but work just the same.

Lost in Nowhere

LOCKED!
Also, I could change the gun's range...
Don't die! :)

Clean0nion

Lost in Nowhere

UNLOCKED
-Created a safe landing location
-Set limit for building forges to 0
-Reduced range on C0's gun as requested

Grayzzur

UNLOCKED
Look Ma, No CRPL!

Clean0nion: Your big gun is bugged. I shot it with a sniper, and it was then infinitely stuck in Recovery mode. You're setting Timer 0 back to 300 every tick when health is zero, it never counts down to zero. I tried a quick fix, but it didn't work, so I left it unchanged. I might keep looking at it, but I didn't want to keep the map locked up.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Grayzzur

@CleanOnion,

I added 0 ->recoveryMode to the initial once block, and updated :CheckHealth as listed below, and that seemed to fix it to me. See if that behaves the way you intended. I did NOT change the script in the map being passed around, I leave that to you.
Spoiler

:CheckHealth
   <-recoveryMode if
      GetTimer0 eq0 if
         Self CONST_SNIPERTARGET 1 SetUnitAttribute
         0 ->recoveryMode
         "" SetPopupText
         0 SetPopupTextAlwaysVisible
         Self CONST_HEALTH 60 SetUnitAttribute
      endif
   else
      Self CONST_HEALTH GetUnitAttribute 0 eq if
         Self CONST_SNIPERTARGET 0 SetUnitAttribute
         1 ->recoveryMode
         1 SetPopupTextAlwaysVisible
         "Recovering... " SetPopupText
         300 SetTimer0
      endif
   endif
[close]

Also, your range finder image seems to be missing from the map.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Lost in Nowhere

Currently, saving the Forge is impossible as far as I can tell.

pawel345

Set the limit back to 1, so that if player can't save it, they can still rebuild it. That was my original intention as I wasn't sure how the rest of the map will look. I might modify it slightly while playtesting so there is a realistic chance to get it.

Clean0nion

Quote from: Grayzzur on February 04, 2014, 08:11:09 PM
@CleanOnion,

I added 0 ->recoveryMode to the initial once block, and updated :CheckHealth as listed below, and that seemed to fix it to me. See if that behaves the way you intended. I did NOT change the script in the map being passed around, I leave that to you.
Spoiler

:CheckHealth
   <-recoveryMode if
      GetTimer0 eq0 if
         Self CONST_SNIPERTARGET 1 SetUnitAttribute
         0 ->recoveryMode
         "" SetPopupText
         0 SetPopupTextAlwaysVisible
         Self CONST_HEALTH 60 SetUnitAttribute
      endif
   else
      Self CONST_HEALTH GetUnitAttribute 0 eq if
         Self CONST_SNIPERTARGET 0 SetUnitAttribute
         1 ->recoveryMode
         1 SetPopupTextAlwaysVisible
         "Recovering... " SetPopupText
         300 SetTimer0
      endif
   endif
[close]

Also, your range finder image seems to be missing from the map.
Yeah, that should work perfectly. I'll add a new section and fix both these issues once I can, which should be later today. Thanks for this.

Mikoz

Unlocked!
Drill rider will make more rails. It won't ride into space or to higher ground. Also avoids player's units and walls.
It can be deactivated in CRPL core properties(for easier editing).
If it is active, please save the map before playing it.

Grayzzur

Clean0nion

UNLOCKED!!!
Added a new tile
Added a new, separate track
Added a regular turret to new track
Added a smaller, faster turret to larger track
Modified (mostly unintentionally) a few cells of the chunk beneath me - this was mostly graphical edits. Nothing major was affected. My apologies.

I must say that this drill thing is a tad spammy.

Oh, and another thing: WHERE CAN I GET THESE FANCY TERRAIN TEXTURES?