Pass the map-Let's make a map together

Started by pawel345, January 29, 2014, 04:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawel345

I will lock the topic now. For discussion of the Pass the map 1 use it's topic in CS, and for overall discussion about this game use the current pass the map topic.

My idea is the following: each person gets to make a 30x30 part of the map. When you want to make your part, download the latest version of this map and make one part of it. I marked the 30x30 squares by huge CRPL cores with runnernest graphic. You can choose any of them.

1. Make a post in this thread with a large LOCKED!!! in it.
2. Download the FINALIZED map form the post above.
3. Make your part. You have a day to do that, but obliviously the faster the better.
4. Finalize the new map, and edit your post to say   UNLOCKED :D and upload the map to your post.
5. Wait at for at least 2 people to change the map before making next part.

Any CRPL is fine but avoid complex scripts since they can get messed up between the edits/testing. Also don't change global creeper/digitalis behaviour since that affects parts made by others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_whispers <-that's what we are playing :D

Additional rules:
Don't change terrain textures.

Clean0nion

PASS THE MESSAGE 2
New rule request: Don't change terrain textures
UNLOCKED
Added a small "sea" part full of indestructible slipemitters. Destroy the core on the rocky hill to remove all slipemitters. If someone would care to continue the sea a little further and add some more (they all use the same script; variables for emit amount and delay) that would be groovy.

Ringo

And how do i get a downloaded map into the editor?

JonneeG

I'm assuming that since it isn't locked, I should make my part of it.

UNLOCKED

Sorry in advance for using too much/ little space... bonus space for others i guess.

Added an area with big runners, an emitter and ore mines on 'rocky terrain' added an AET to stop people from using strafers to cut of the digitalis and and destroy all the runners at once

also, feel free to remove the AET (under the nest), even though I personally think it's a good idea, if it disrupts your vision for your part of the map, you can get rid of it/ edit it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ywnkntggqgalhr/save.cw3
|      ||||        |
|                   |
|                   |
|                   |
|                   |
^couldn't figure out attaching a photo so here's a rough idea of what the map looks like

Grayzzur

Quote from: Ringo on January 29, 2014, 06:59:48 PM
Make a new project. In that project's folder, replace save.cw3 with the .cw3 file from this thread (or from any other map you want to open in the editor). The file must be renamed to "save.cw3" if that's not its name already.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Ringo

Quote from: Grayzzur on January 29, 2014, 08:13:37 PM
Quote from: Ringo on January 29, 2014, 06:59:48 PM
Make a new project. In that project's folder, replace save.cw3 with the .cw3 file from this thread (or from any other map you want to open in the editor). The file must be renamed to "save.cw3" if that's not its name already.

Thank you

Flabort

sounds like a fun game. Do you want us to cover the areas we did back up, or leave them like was done?
I guess there's no point to covering it, though.
I'll try making a part tomorrow, if it's not finished by then.
Just watching for now.
My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)

Lost in Nowhere

UNLOCKED
Also, JonneeG, if you click on "Additional Options...", you can directly attach a file to a post.
Don't die! :)

Clean0nion

-sarcastic gasp- someone's infringed onto my terrain! Looks like a 5x5 brush at level 4 terrain - almost definitely an unnoticed accident.

Grayzzur

When the final piece is done, it might be a good idea to keep it here in the thread and give all the authors some time to double-check their piece before pushing it to CS.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

pawel345

Looks like Michionlion deleted his post so I will grab the opportunity and draw something :D
UNLOCKED!!!

Clean0nion

-ignore this post - not enough time to complete a square!-

Flabort

Locked!
Unlocked!

Not much in my piece. An extra-strong totem, an easy to bridge chasm, and a few extra weak but annoying runners.
My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)

Lost in Nowhere

UNLOCKED
Expanded the ocean a bit, and added more spores!
Don't die! :)

pawel345

UNLOCKED!!!

I added 2 CRPL units, one is an OreMaker can convert 50 ammo into 20 ore^^ The other is the gun form Chimera. I also added an AAT that expands a bit over other parts hope you don't mind. And I changed C0 CRPL tower image with another one that I took from the Wiki. If you don't like it pleas just change it back.