Custom Map #316: teks023 the tremendous totem. By: teknotiss

Started by AutoPost, March 22, 2014, 08:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #316: teks023 the tremendous totem

Author: teknotiss
Size: 129x129

Desc:
the tremendous totem will give you all the aether you need, but you have to secure it first, good luck! #ACassist #firepower #teks

Helper

NickHounsome

I question your design strategy.
I didn't see the need to flip any emitters - better to destroy them.
and although I used the aether totem it didn't really make much difference apart from speeding up the end game.

teknotiss

Quote from: NickHounsome on May 20, 2014, 06:03:05 AM
I question your design strategy.
I didn't see the need to flip any emitters - better to destroy them.
and although I used the aether totem it didn't really make much difference apart from speeding up the end game.

that's cos there wasn't a need  ::) just an option for a style of play.
oh and i liked the script 8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Karsten75

I didn't realize any of the emitters in that map flipped? In fact, I strongly doubt they do.

Helper

After all these comments, I'm just going to have to go back and play it again (Sam).
I misremember what this one was like.
H

Grayzzur

Quote from: Karsten75 on May 21, 2014, 10:06:48 AM
I didn't realize any of the emitters in that map flipped? In fact, I strongly doubt they do.
I found one that does....
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Karsten75

Quote from: Grayzzur on May 21, 2014, 11:21:21 AM
Quote from: Karsten75 on May 21, 2014, 10:06:48 AM
I found one that does....

Well, if it is that one, then I guess there's a good reason for that.

toolforger

Um... are you supposed to secure the totem from the start?
I haven't tried all options yet, but it seems
Spoiler
going bomber-first
[close]
will make it arrive just in time to see the first creeper arrive on the totem, and not deliver enough AC to flip it; instead, creeper will win, and then it's hopeless.

teknotiss

Quote from: toolforger on November 28, 2021, 03:46:39 PM
Um... are you supposed to secure the totem from the start?
I haven't tried all options yet, but it seems
Spoiler
going bomber-first
[close]
will make it arrive just in time to see the first creeper arrive on the totem, and not deliver enough AC to flip it; instead, creeper will win, and then it's hopeless.

hey dude, it is def not hopeless!

have you tried sending some sprayers maybe?  but i def did it with bombers... perhaps you should try using the "pause it and use "n" to frame by frame it" tactic early on?

i am sure you can do it, you might just need to think about energy really carefully in the early game!

if you are still stuck ask again and i will try to help you out more...  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

toolforger

Bombers would take very long to build and arrive, and deliver their payload too slowly.

Maybe
Spoiler
a PZ-based one
[close]
would have worked, but I didn't try that.

Instead, I
Spoiler
building a reactor on the PZ to have enough energy to build the rest quickly, then build sprayers, fill them up, and send them in, three at a time,
[close]
which did the trick.

Phew.

teknotiss

Quote from: toolforger on November 28, 2021, 05:03:28 PM
Bombers would take very long to build and arrive, and deliver their payload too slowly.

Maybe
Spoiler
a PZ-based one
[close]
would have worked, but I didn't try that.

Instead, I
Spoiler
building a reactor on the PZ to have enough energy to build the rest quickly, then build sprayers, fill them up, and send them in, three at a time,
[close]
which did the trick.

Phew.

lol whatever worked... one trick about bombers and strafers is you can send them before they fully load out...

so a bomber or strafer, if you have set a target (and selected auto launch of target set on bombers) can be sent with the use of "Q" or "deactivate" then "Q" or "reactivate" with whatever load it has past 1 energy or 1 AC respectively...

this means you can build two bombers, send one with 30 or so AC aboard to get the flipper defended then the other bomber can come in with a full load later.  you then have 2 alternating bombers and you can add more if needed.

glad you got it going anyway, have fun! 8)

BilboGCL

Tekno, this is what I'd call "long time support" :D 👍

Greetings from The Shire!
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

teknotiss

Quote from: BilboGCL on November 28, 2021, 08:59:35 PM
Tekno, this is what I'd call "long time support" :D 👍

Greetings from The Shire!

lol yes, that map is 7 years old...

darn...!

:o 8)