Main Menu

e-38

Started by Helper, September 13, 2021, 10:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helper

Trying to catch up on all these good maps.
Took a run at e-38 this morning and it ate my lunch.
Below is my starting position.
Curious to see/read how anyone else started.
Fun stuff!
H

D0m0nik

Hi H! Just gave this a go after seeing your post. Started pretty much the same as you and then just used pause a lot!

What order do you upgrade in? I thinks this is vital for these maps. I start of with build speed and packet speed until I have to put some into energy but I upgrade the first two as much as possible. Once energy is stable I then look at weapon upgrades and sometimes move speed if a lot of guppies are neeed.

Helper

Thanks for the feedback - and the picture.

The good news is that I'm starting in the proper sequence. (The Frog man uses a similar approach.)
The bad news is that I lose focus about half way through and lose track of what I'm doing.
I'm going to start this one again and take more breaks as I play.

First I need to get outside and enjoy some more of this fine Fall day.
Cheers,
H

D0m0nik

It is a crazy thing this speedrunning. It is a mixture of finesse/micromanagement/optimisation combined with absolute aggressive play. On this one you have to push out as hard as you can. I concentrated on getting down the white high ground and pushing into the top right corner maximising the number of fronts I could fight on. You are getting very quick though, sometimes I see times that are faster than mine and just think 'can I be bothered'! Patience is a curse!

Helper

Quote from: D0m0nik on October 03, 2021, 04:33:24 AM
Patience is a curse!

Good one.
Sorry for not responding earlier.
Just saw your reply.
H