Custom Map #545: ETF18: Beginning of the End

Started by AutoPost, December 05, 2011, 08:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #545: ETF18: Beginning of the End

Author: eighttailedfox

Desc:
EightTailedFox Mission 18: Beginning of the End On your return trip to Colony Prime, you've learned many things. Now, You've caught up with Abraxis. Do what you can to help him.

eighttailedfox

Oodie aside, I am the author who has the most maps. Woo.

Well ladies (if there any, I've never seen one  :-\) and gentlemen, two maps left in the series. It truly is, the beginning of the end.

ETF19: The Middle of the End. Coming...... December................................................
......Sometime.

Zaggy

Fantastic map; thanks!  The black hole was an interesting twist.

How I did it:
Spoiler
I worked my way around clockwise after getting stable in the starting area.
[close]

hainsay

My tactic:

Spoiler
Pretty easy when you do this way.
Build reactors as you see fit, remembering you can build two on the bunker asteroid that won't get creepered, and you can dig down a bit to get more energy out of your starting area since you can build any direction.
Build a blaster and a coil, put blaster on drone only.  These two will have you safe from the gateway.
Build shields over their excavation packet areas: For this you'll need a ~3 of blasters to get creeper away from the right excavation area. Produce one ore worth of anticreeper under the left two shields.  Charge a maker and burst 10% as you move through the centre of the right most shield.
Rest is really easy
[close]

Spoiler
Zaggy, I tried that but I didn't have enough time to take out the gateway before the excavation packets on the right side got through.  Did you abandon the right side?
[close]

eudrick

Here's how I did it:
Spoiler
I dug into the large asteroid and moved my LS into the lee of the right side emitters.  With a secure base it's a simple matter of expanding the interior volume of the asteroid for infrastructure and then attacking the emitters across the bottom.
[close]
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein

lich98

I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

mopa42

That was fun. It took me a while to realize that there was a zero-strength emitter helping me. I almost nullified it too early.

I didn't think of moving behind the large asteroid. I just stayed in place, using shields and a maker to protect the lower left two emitters from being dug up while I tackled the third one.

Zaggy

QuoteZaggy, I tried that but I didn't have enough time to take out the gateway before the excavation packets on the right side got through.  Did you abandon the right side?

Yeah, I gave up on the bottom-right land emitter.  That ended up being the last emitter I capped.

Katra

I ran out to the asteroid, grabbed the bunker, then ran back to the left bottom base. Used AC in shields to keep dig packets from opening the buried emitters until I was ready to deal with them. (I should have dropped a micro rift while I was doing that...)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!