Custom Map #2133: Terp Bombs. By: DJ84722

Started by AutoPost, August 07, 2021, 09:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2133: Terp Bombs

Author: DJ84722
Size: 275x143

Malignantmind

Can't figure out how to make the bomb actually work. There's no button to detonate it. I set the radius, I set the height, and it just sits there saying "5...". I thought maybe letting it be destroyed by creeper would make it go off, but nope that doesn't work either.

Niflthaena

The bomb's working fine for me. If it's armed and supplied, when it reaches max ARG it counts down, then detonates.

This was strategically interesting, especially with how the enemies were so close to things the player wants to capture, like resources and ERNs. Pushes the player into very careful attacks and placement of bombs. It would be nice if the bombs could be moved somehow, so their detonation could be fine-tuned after placement.

I do like how the level feature is both required and doesn't trivialize it; even using the bomb to make vast swaths of AC breeder was outmatched by the sheer volume of enemies. Had to use platforms to build out and place bombs in the void in order to effectively "snipe" emitters.

dj84722

Quote from: Malignantmind on August 07, 2021, 01:26:02 PM
Can't figure out how to make the bomb actually work. There's no button to detonate it. I set the radius, I set the height, and it just sits there saying "5...". I thought maybe letting it be destroyed by creeper would make it go off, but nope that doesn't work either.
It was reported on the the map where i got from the M.O.A.B. from that someone had the same problem with the original, but the bomb always worked fine for me so i thought it was fixed, are you using a beta version of CW4? they did suggest using betas to revert the game to an earlier version to see if that fixes it

https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=37526

Quote from: Niflthaena on August 07, 2021, 03:33:35 PM
The bomb's working fine for me. If it's armed and supplied, when it reaches max ARG it counts down, then detonates.

This was strategically interesting, especially with how the enemies were so close to things the player wants to capture, like resources and ERNs. Pushes the player into very careful attacks and placement of bombs. It would be nice if the bombs could be moved somehow, so their detonation could be fine-tuned after placement.

I do like how the level feature is both required and doesn't trivialize it; even using the bomb to make vast swaths of AC breeder was outmatched by the sheer volume of enemies. Had to use platforms to build out and place bombs in the void in order to effectively "snipe" emitters.
My personal version of the bombs move, but it would make the map too quick if i left it on. you could just build a 100 range bomb, disarm it right before it explodes and drop in the void in the middle of the enemies

I may have made the starting resources a bit too powerful the other resource points aren't really needed to win and can be destroyed at will

dj84722

I asked CS Z about a fix for the terp bomb, and he did point out a fix with it, so I'll put up a 1.1 version of the map later today when i;m free