Custom Map #5355: Big delay enemy ghost spawner. By: builder17

Started by AutoPost, January 23, 2018, 03:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #5355: Big delay enemy ghost spawner

Author: builder17
Size: 45x45

Desc:
This map is not for beginners. More information in forums. #CRPL #Medium-hard difficulty

Builder17

Info about scripts:
Spoiler
Ghost spawner makes ghost Sporetower,crpl if real sporetower gets destroyed.
[close]

Hints and tips:
Spoiler
Don't nullify AC emitter. Put AC to lower left area with sprayer and build forge and reactors to there.
Nullify lower left sporetower for powerzone and put reactor to powerzone.
[close]

I probably add more tips, GTG! :)

cornucanis

I think nullifying a spore tower before it finishes building causes the PZ to become unusable? I tried to kill one right away and couldn't build on the PZ so I adapted my strategy only to find that the ones I killed later had working PZs. I'm not sure if it was because I killed the first one because it finished building? In any case I'll have to try to replay after work tonight using this knowledge. I should be able to shave a few minutes off my time easily if I can seize that PZ!

Builder17

What? I didn't notice that when I was bugtesting... :/

Can you send save with this bug and maybe log file of CW3 so that I can easier replicate it? :)

Thanks for feedback!

cornucanis

I'm actually not sure what caused it the first time! I replayed the map and it seemed to work just fine no matter how quickly I nullified the tower. I may have just been doing something wrong the first time, so sorry if I gave a false bug report!

Thank you for the map though, it was very fun! Another great map for speedrunning! Very fun to analyze. It turns out only 1 enemy required more than 1 blaster to put it down  ;)

Builder17

Ok, you are welcome! It's easy because I want that all can win it.

cornucanis

I've created for my speed run strategy on this map! I managed to get a time less than half that of #2 so I thought it might be worth sharing my approach. If you have any questions or comments feel free to share!  ;D

Builder17

Quote from: cornucanis on January 28, 2018, 03:22:53 PM
I've created a video for my speed run strategy on this map! I managed to get a time less than half that of #2 so I thought it might be worth sharing my approach. If you have any questions or comments feel free to share!  ;D

That's pretty impressive micromanagement. :O

cornucanis

Quote from: Builder17 on January 29, 2018, 10:48:02 AM
That's pretty impressive micromanagement. :O

Thank you! I played this map 5 or 6 times while playing with different recording settings and discovered a few more little "tricks" in the process that I didn't use in my original playthrough. I became very familiar with this map after replaying so many times. I'm pretty satisfied with how the video playthrough turned out in the end, I think I optimized everything pretty well. My position should be secure unless Alter decides to play this map some day  ;)

D0m0nik

I couldn't resist, had to have a go! 7 seconds behind you though, couldn't find anywhere to imporve on your strategy. I did attack bottom right emitter a little earlier though and built one more reactor, I think you could shave a few seconds off but prob not worth the effort!

cornucanis

It's a fun map for speed running, right? Each area has a "trick" to make attacking it easier. I tried to prioritize the lower right area as much as possible without taking away from the upper right. The lower right is the part that will take the longest if you're not careful. I considered making a terp and closing off the area around the PZ blaster by the CN so I can replace it with a reactor, but I don't think it's worth the investment given how fast you can accomplish the map without it.