Custom Map #10513: No_exit CSM 10. By: No_exit

Started by AutoPost, February 05, 2023, 01:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10513: No_exit CSM 10

Author: No_exit
Size: 99x99

Desc:
CSM is back with 2 Command Nodes :). Normal and Hard Difficulties are built-in again. Extra good luck to those that dare to try to beat Hard to get the best times :). Tiny Creeper: 1 Wall = 10 Creeper Height

Loren Pechtel

Well, superhard?  (I beat it without using the bombs.)

rennervate

-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

toolforger

Nice map.
Didn't find bombs or upgrader necessary, looking for and using the best angle of attack was enough.
Still enough of a challenge having to find that angle, so: nice!

Taishan

I made a video of this map showing one way to get a decent score. You should for sure play the map yourselves many times before being spoiled by a video, but it is there if anyone wants to see it.

No_exit

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on February 05, 2023, 05:23:32 PMWell, superhard?  (I beat it without using the bombs.)

Quote from: toolforger on February 06, 2023, 03:41:19 PMNice map.
Didn't find bombs or upgrader necessary, looking for and using the best angle of attack was enough.

When I saw that my previous map got beaten without the Upgrader and Bombs, I boosted the emitters in this map so it wouldn't happen again ... shit :D. Good job though for once again completing a challenge I thought wasn't possible :).

Quote from: rennervate on February 06, 2023, 05:52:12 AMthx 4 making the map. good job!
Thanks for playing and for the comment :).

No_exit

Quote from: Taishan on February 07, 2023, 01:59:28 PMI made a video of this map showing one way to get a decent score. You should for sure play the map yourselves many times before being spoiled by a video, but it is there if anyone wants to see it.

Thanks for sharing :). When I saw your 17 minutes time I thought you'd cheesed some parts and/or abused the Forge's Singularity Cannon but it was just straight up solid play and cutting edges to save time :).

With the Singularity Cannon you could probably cut off a couple of minutes also due to the many Aether that the map provides and maybe that could make a sub 13 minute completion possible ... maybe. Probably cheated though.

The spinning things are called ... *checks notes* Anti-Creeper Centrifugal Enhancers and Creeper Centrifugal Diminishers ... why did I name them like that? :D Maybe the "Artifacts of Redcrafter" name that yum came up will stick better to people's memories :).

You can always click the buttons on the left to see the names and get some help on them although you didn't quite need that help :D.

Taishan

Quote from: No_exit on February 07, 2023, 03:30:23 PMThanks for sharing :). When I saw your 17 minutes time I thought you'd cheesed some parts and/or abused the Forge's Singularity Cannon but it was just straight up solid play and cutting edges to save time :).

With the Singularity Cannon you could probably cut off a couple of minutes also due to the many Aether that the map provides and maybe that could make a sub 13 minute completion possible ... maybe. Probably cheated though.

The spinning things are called ... *takes notes* Anti-Creeper Centrifugal Enhancers and Creeper Centrifugal Diminishers ... why did I name them like that? :D Maybe the "Artifacts of Redcrafter" name that yum came up will stick better to people's memories :).

You can always click the buttons on the left to see the names and get some help on them although you didn't quite need that help :D.

Yeah I never use the singularity weapon in my runs. If/when I make a new map myself I'm considering disabling the singularity weapon, along with other things like disabling collectors and limiting to only 5 reactors (so if you want more power, gotta build reactors on power zones and research upgrades in the forge)

Was a fun map!

Oh yeah, it just occured to me I never hovered the help icons. But that's because I had played the map several times and already got that 17 minute time before I made this video, so already knew where the things were. It is for sure a really good tool first time playing a map though!

No_exit

Quote from: Taishan on February 07, 2023, 03:38:24 PMYeah I never use the singularity weapon in my runs. If/when I make a new map myself I'm considering disabling the singularity weapon, along with other things like disabling collectors and limiting to only 5 reactors (so if you want more power, gotta build reactors on power zones and research upgrades in the forge)

Was a fun map!

Oh yeah, it just occured to me I never hovered the help icons. But that's because I had played the map several times and already got that 17 minute time before I made this video, so already knew where the things were. It is for sure a really good tool first time playing a map though!

People want to feel powerful so be careful with limiting them :). In particular I'd feel bad for limiting the energy as it would cause the map to take longer without really becoming harder. It also limits what people can do when waiting and makes capturing territory less rewarding.

I don't use Singularity when play-testing my maps as I don't want to make my solution dependent on something that recharges very slowly. But I will allow it for people that struggle and people that want to cheese :).

I put the Help Bar hint as a comment under your YT video for those that want to learn more :).

Glad you liked the map :).

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: No_exit on February 07, 2023, 03:21:57 PM
Quote from: Loren Pechtel on February 05, 2023, 05:23:32 PMWell, superhard?  (I beat it without using the bombs.)

Quote from: toolforger on February 06, 2023, 03:41:19 PMNice map.

When I saw that my previous map got beaten without the Upgrader and Bombs, I boosted the emitters in this map so it wouldn't happen again ... shit :D. Good job though for once again completing a challenge I thought wasn't possible :).

I just kept looking for where could I accomplish something.  There was always a point of attack without using the bombs so I didn't use them.  There were multiple points where I had to terp a wall in to focus all my AC on a single branch (and there was a gate that I presume you put there for the same purpose) but that was enough.

wolfgoesmoo

Quote from: Taishan on February 07, 2023, 01:59:28 PMI made a video of this map showing one way to get a decent score. You should for sure play the map yourselves many times before being spoiled by a video, but it is there if anyone wants to see it.

I'd already beat it once, but after I saw your video I went back and tried it again. I got a sub-30 score, so nobody who plays on normal could beat me. But the amount of careful pausing you have to do to get a 17-minute score is bonkers.

Karzon

Never stop making these! I'll never stop playing them.

Dave!

Thoroughly enjoyed this map :)

Worth going back and playing a 2nd or 3rd time.Never going to make the top scores on this as the amount of micro managing is intense. Wish there were maps with the "pause" disabled ,it would make for a whole different feel to the game.

No_exit

Quote from: Karzon on February 09, 2023, 05:12:16 PMNever stop making these! I'll never stop playing them.

For obvious reasons I can't promise you that, but CSM 11 is in production though :)

Quote from: Dave! on February 21, 2023, 09:03:26 PMThoroughly enjoyed this map :)

Worth going back and playing a 2nd or 3rd time.Never going to make the top scores on this as the amount of micro managing is intense. Wish there were maps with the "pause" disabled ,it would make for a whole different feel to the game.

Glad you like the map :). If you are looking to play without pause then you can challenge other people on the Discord or on this forum for this. Maybe someone that played the map without pausing wants to share their time :).

Not a fan to force "no-pause" in my maps as I'm not sure it's fully possible, it would cause people to save/load more which kind of takes away from the main spirit of the challenge, and people that want to pause for non-tactical purposes (bio break, phone, ...) would not appreciate this at all. Of course don't let this stop you from playing the way you enjoy it the most :)!