Custom Map #6843: JUBILEE CSM-70. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, December 09, 2018, 04:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yum-forum

Quote from: bgzzz on December 10, 2018, 06:56:09 AM
Quote from: yum-forum on December 10, 2018, 06:40:25 AM
You used not optimal tactic.

Spoiler
Most strong creeper comes from red gates near your blocked yellow gate. At the beginning of game if you put blocker to this red gate you will be able to obtain 4 Multiplication Towers (total multiplicator will be 5) and when your emitters will be power=60 you can start to attack area above Blocker Home and through yellow gates.
Please try again and Good luck!  :)
P.S. If it will be not helpful I will create and attach screenshots.
[close]

ah! I got it :)

thx for advise. And thx for your awesome maps. Just waiting for a christmass tree CSM map :)

Nice suggestion! I will create "christmass tree CSM map" on your demand!  :D
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

cornucanis

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on December 12, 2018, 02:28:42 AM
Well, this was definitely an interesting map!

I'm guessing this isn't the first one like it (?) - I dunno, I just saw this was a new map & highly rated and figured I'd try it.

If you sort the maps by top rated, you'll see yum has now taken over the map listing :o

The very first map using this game mode was my map CWDig Introduction. I made a few more maps with the game mode, up to my (currently) final map in the series CWDig Kamikaze. If you end up checking out my maps, you'll notice they're pretty different from yum's take on the game mode and weren't rated nearly as well as yum's maps.

A few months after I stopped making maps, yum asked me to create a template map for the game mode because he was interested in making maps using the game mode. After that, his maps pretty much exploded to the top of the ratings and he proposed ideas for several new scripts to me, including the now iconic stargates. My old CWDig maps don't even seem like the same game mode any more compared to the new creation put together by yum, myself, and kajacx ;D

Pnevma

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on December 12, 2018, 02:28:42 AM
[...]
Sometimes the creep would come up over the land I had terped to 2. It didn't come up over land terped to 9 though, so that became my new standard.

These maps have each height correspond to 50 creeper, so that 50+ creeper on a level 1 terrain will invade a level 2 terrain.  100+ creeper will cross into level 3 terrain, and so on. Level 9 terrain will hold off 400 creeper (on a level 1 terrain - note, what matters is the difference between the terrain levels).  Level 10 terrain (which you can't terp to, the game starts with some of those) holds any amount of creeper

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

last