Custom Map #6843: JUBILEE CSM-70. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, December 09, 2018, 04:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #6843: JUBILEE CSM-70

Author: yum234
Size: 144x144

Desc:
Cornucanis Style Map. No Stargate Connectors and SuperSemiconductors. Only one Stargate Blocker. Many Conversion Bomb Factories but radius of CB attack very small. Hint: CBF remains activated even under overflow of creeper. Control of Monitor by "Ctrl+Shift+H" #BravoCornucanis #ThanksToKajacx #BravoVirgil #GoodLuck

TKB

Weasee

Thanks again Yum, another great map as usual!

bgzzz

Very hard start.

The only way I found was to
Spoiler
build a bunch of terraformer, send the CN in orbit, flat its zone at level 2. Land it again, charge the terraformers, send in orbit, flat the zone to 1.
[close]

Did I missed something ?

Weasee

@bgzzz here is a hint:
Spoiler
where the AC meets the creeper, it continuously drains the AC levels
[close]
you need to
Spoiler
somehow block that joining point, so the AC can build up and flip the yellow emitters
[close]
by doing this:
Spoiler
wait until the AC gets just past an emitter, then terraform to level 2 to stop the creeper eroding the AC.
[close]

yum-forum

Quote from: Weasee on December 10, 2018, 05:10:19 AM
@bgzzz here is a hint:
Spoiler
where the AC meets the creeper, it continuously drains the AC levels
[close]
you need to
Spoiler
somehow block that joining point, so the AC can build up and flip the yellow emitters
[close]
by doing this:
Spoiler
wait until the AC gets just past an emitter, then terraform to level 2 to stop the creeper eroding the AC.
[close]

Yes!  :)

Spoiler
In this map not needed to move CN or terraform terrain under it.
Main tactic - how to build and remove walls to control optimal AC flow.
[close]
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

bgzzz

To illustrate :

Spoiler

At this moment, neither N°1 path nor N°2 path (with the SB in SG yellow can progress).

If I terraform under the CN to level 1, the emitters at west are captured.

How to progress without the terraform ?
[close]

yum-forum

You used not optimal tactic.

Spoiler
Most strong creeper comes from red gates near your blocked yellow gate. At the beginning of game if you put blocker to this red gate you will be able to obtain 4 Multiplication Towers (total multiplicator will be 5) and when your emitters will be power=60 you can start to attack area above Blocker Home and through yellow gates.
Please try again and Good luck!  :)
P.S. If it will be not helpful I will create and attach screenshots.
[close]
last

bgzzz

Quote from: yum-forum on December 10, 2018, 06:40:25 AM
You used not optimal tactic.

Spoiler
Most strong creeper comes from red gates near your blocked yellow gate. At the beginning of game if you put blocker to this red gate you will be able to obtain 4 Multiplication Towers (total multiplicator will be 5) and when your emitters will be power=60 you can start to attack area above Blocker Home and through yellow gates.
Please try again and Good luck!  :)
P.S. If it will be not helpful I will create and attach screenshots.
[close]

ah! I got it :)

thx for advise. And thx for your awesome maps. Just waiting for a christmass tree CSM map :)

Twi

That was a fun one!
Spoiler
blocking the red gate really helped, as did grabbing all the bomb factories ASAP. Cut my time in half from my first run![/spoiler
[close]
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

D0m0nik

I would love to know how 10 mins is possible. Not suggesting a cheat but scatching my head.

yum-forum

Generally it is possible if you at first attack most powerful emitters with 5 min. start delay.
last

Pnevma

Quote from: yum-forum on December 11, 2018, 01:24:02 PM
Generally it is possible if you at first attack most powerful emitters with 5 min. start delay.

Is it possible to be any more specific?   ::)

I can't even take control of the yellow stargates (which seems necessary to reach the strongest, 450 power, emitters) within 5 minutes...

Johnny Haywire

Well, this was definitely an interesting map!

I'm guessing this isn't the first one like it (?) - I dunno, I just saw this was a new map & highly rated and figured I'd try it. So, apparently bombs are pretty cool. I discovered them about 2h into the game and it was really neat.

The plugs and drains and the drain plug were all new concepts to me and I just plugged what looked like an important spot and left it there for the rest of the game. There's probably a better way to do that.

All in all, it's possible to completely blunder your way through the map and learn how it works as you go. The forge has a singularity weapon capability, but I'd recommend being careful how you use it.
Spoiler
If you DO use it, I'd strongly suggest you "walk" the singularity away towards a corner. Otherwise when it pops it might send a tsunami your way.  ;)
[close]

Sometimes the creep would come up over the land I had terped to 2. It didn't come up over land terped to 9 though, so that became my new standard.

This is a very very cool map and I love the concept, Yum! I'll look for some other maps like this and try them out.

Great work - thanks for the map!  ;D ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

yum-forum

Thanks for comments! You are welcome!  :)

P.S. You also easy can create your own CMS map using template attacheted here:
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=30882.0
last