Ideas and opinions for CW4. Yayyy!

Started by Link, July 01, 2014, 10:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link

So, i think that in CW4 it would be AMAZING if it had The top-down view of CW1 and CW3, but Multiple Levels like CW2, As in: There would be a Control center on Level 1, witch would have normal 1-10 terrain scale, but then, to like the top Left of your screen, there is a Large "LEVELS" sign, and under it, a little List of underground scales, Ex: Scale 1 Is the top level, Scale 2 Is under it, and there is a height scale to 5 (so if you put terrain height to five, it would hit the floor of Level 1, And to get down to level two, there would be a hole/staircase leading down, where you could pour Acreeper or creeper down.
Digitalis would work the same way too, Like a vine and could haul creeper up. I think it would make for interesting game play, as you'd have one Teleport command center, that could teleport to a underground level, but if it is destroyed, there's no Teleporting back up, and you'd have to do it the long way.
Then, there should be a Level 0. Pretty much Creeper waterfall Layer, or Cloud layer, Or possibly Asteroid layer seeing as there would be chunks of cloud/rock, that could have a little pit, then a emitter in it, that would make a creeper waterfall, and if you destroyed the emitter, and put a always-on sprayer, you would be able to make a Acreeper waterfall.But unlike level 10-1 you couldn't make a pillar or staircase to level 0, thus; you'd have one command that could go on Level 0 only, and One that could go on Level 10-1 And one that could only go on level 1. It would be an AMAZING gameplay opportunity. seeing as you'd have to work on multiple levels at once, It's much more intense, and could create some interesting  Scenario's Ex: On level one there is a GIANT pit, and the normal level is 6, bottom of pit is 0. The sides are coated with digitalis, and in the middle there is the key, surrounded by Four emitters putting out 40 per .5 seconds. On level 0, once you captured it, there is a small hole, just enough to drop Acreeper down. Making your job a LOT easier, but also if you reversed the scenario, you're in a pit, and the platform your base is on has a hole conveniently above it, for creeper to pour down, this is where a new item, takes 75 packets to make, and uses .5/2 secs of ammo  and can be filled to 50 in ammo, It acts like an upward Shield, so it would flow on top until it ran off the 5X5 barrier the.. Let's call it "Star screen" makes though if the Star Screen runs out of power...It's raining creeper! But still, This kind of game play would attract new players, and Veterans alike. and i think it would be better than any other game of it's genre to date. That said, Th

Link

Uhh.. got cut off. Still, so That said, The Multiplayer levels made by this would be AMAZING. Having time trials to get to objects before creeper rained down and destroyed them, Or just trying to get to the warp inhibitor on level 10 and destroy it as fast as possible. All in all, that would be an absolutely Fantastic game. I'd pay thirty to fifty dollars for something like that.

Asbestos

I'm not sure if there's going to be a CW4. Trilogy creep and all that (pun intended). But if there is, then multiple top-down levels definitely needs to be a thing. Either scrolling up and down layers or 3D isometric side/top view would be great.

thejoe66

Considering how the story went if you played as the good guy in the last level of CW1 there could be a prequel of
Spoiler
Platuis fighting with his entire race to destroy all the nexus so instead of warp inhibitors it would be nexus
[close]
and there i guess there could be a bad guy path also, but i'm still no sure how that would work.
"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion

Michionlion

well, since at the end of CW3 a certain something is revealed,
CW3 Arca Spoiler
Abraxis would have to go back in time, find his people (presumably humans from sometime around 2012-hence the first artefact from 2012), and then uplift them to take care of the loki the first time.
[close]
I think that would make an awesome CW4, where there are massive battlefields and you fight against multiple inhibitors with Thor-like tech.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

thejoe66

The thing is, is that i feel it is essential for there to be a bad guy and a good guy path through the entire game making it so there's 2 campaigns because of how CW3 ended. CW4 would be the perfect time to have muiltplayer because of the fact that there would be a bad guy that you play as the creeper.
"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion

J

I don't know if V's server can take multiplayer games. These servers usually cost pretty much every year (if I remember correctly $1000 a year for ShellShock Live and $2000 for SSL2 servers). I would like to see multiplayer added in the new game, but only if it is done very well.

Link

In this case then, At the beginning of CW4, there could be a colony, The creeper has just shown up after like a million years, and you are sent in your ship to deal with it, It's an impossible situation, but there are two paths; Protect the colony long enough for them to evacuate and go to warp (or die for them), or stop the evacuation and let them be destroyed, If you win(they evacuate), there should be a cutscene of your Emergency pods going out as the creeper uncontrollably floods the ship, Your pods, You in the emergency command one, crash on the planet. If you lose(choose to kill them) you end up having some "color changes". Instead of being the builders, you play as building the creeper. you head throughout humanity, Wiping EVERYTHING off the face of planets. and sometimes even devouring them, You could make Spore towers, Upgrade Emitters, Create slipstream thingys, Protect the inhibitor on whatever floor it's on, and just generally get to be an annoyance. So, you could be in a level where they have a near unbreakable fortress.
Walls on Every side, Only way in, the bottom, how you get up? You might ask, Digitalis. If they added a Creeper-route into CW4 (if there is one) And multiplayer types where the creeper evolves, (meaning that it can place down digitalis, put down & upgrade spore towers, Upgrade emitters, And become naturally a complete Pain.) that CW4 would beckon Veterans and noobies, It would make more money (probably) than the other three combined.
Just.. Amazingness in a nutshell

Asbestos

Or maybe it's about the inside of an advanced version of the Liberation Ship as the creeper damages it? You act as the little captain who runs around multiple levels of the ship, releasing packets and queuing up buildings on an interactive separate screen. If the creeper gets in (which it likely will in some of the later stages) then you have to build blockades to keep the creeper out and then send packets to certain areas to construct mini-blasters and the like.

Link

Advanced... Alright, But what about The Civilizations? And Techs? Would you start out with them all? Or would you have to Obtain them? And how would you obtain them? If this is on a mini scale as well, then the creeper would over power it unless they've found a way to weaken the creeper, But inside the ship would also cause problems for Battle, The mortar, Hitting ceiling, making it crumble, But also, how would story progression happen? It would be an interesting level design, no doubt, but the functionality seems interesting, because it would be mostly flat surface for floors.

thejoe66

When it comes to getting the tech i think you should start out with nothing and the way that you would get tech is by getting scientists as you run across worlds saving them and as you battle the creeper they can research the creeper leading to the development of weapons, but once aging that would not make sense because of the fact how CW3 ended i mean if Abraxis went back in time with the arc eternal then it would just be silly for him not to have all the tech in the first place.

Asbestos

It'll be after CW2, but before CW3. The Etriquens are near the end of a creeper assault, so they took the Liberation Ship approach to defend to remaining outposts and help support the withering defenses. And since the assault was originally from a high-pressure undetected emitter located near one of the main civilian bases, humanity is nervous about creeper deposits, so they're also cleaning up the more dangerous areas.

Asbestos

Here's a bit thing of the main features of the ship and decay sequence.

Link

Okay then, in this case, The CW4 (actually CW 2.5) Should depict at the end Skars going into Stasis for the millennium, you get to play levels on Torkon(something like that..) and watching as they fall, one of the final (maybe THE final level) should be a INSANELY difficult one, working - Wait! If in CW4 (2.5) There is the Top down and levels, It would have to be in CW3, Therefore, Having CW4(2.5) Is impossible.

thejoe66

Quote from: Link on July 03, 2014, 01:23:33 AM
Okay then, in this case, The CW4 (actually CW 2.5) Should depict at the end Skars going into Stasis for the millennium, you get to play levels on Torkon(something like that..) and watching as they fall, one of the final (maybe THE final level) should be a INSANELY difficult one, working - Wait! If in CW4 (2.5) There is the Top down and levels, It would have to be in CW3, Therefore, Having CW4(2.5) Is impossible.
Ok maybe instead of a full on 2.5 CW game i think it whould just be better to make a mini flash game for kongergate that took place after 2