Custom Map #10446: 601-CSM try. By: Rennervate / AlexX

Started by AutoPost, December 17, 2022, 07:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purety

Master Rennervate, please, have mercy and make more CSM maps.

Stave

Glad to see a new map author, thank you!

Feedback: The beginning is too rough, the ending, not rough enough. The movable gate was unlocked too late to be of any use.

Spoiler
At the beginning, terp the "tendrils" down to 1. This will make the AC flow away from your emitters more quickly, and makes it quite easy to start in the top-right.
[close]

rennervate

Thanks for your feedback. the problem with my more difficult starts is known to some. Likewise, I often don't manage to make a map interesting until the end. with CSM maps it is even more difficult for me. sorry for that
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

wolfgoesmoo

Quote from: rennervate on December 20, 2022, 09:55:16 AMThanks for your feedback. the problem with my more difficult starts is known to some. Likewise, I often don't manage to make a map interesting until the end. with CSM maps it is even more difficult for me. sorry for that

My observation is that Yum's strategy to keep things interesting involved careful use of the stargates and bridges. Your initial starting point was locked away from higher-output emitters by a combination of the two, plus some carefully-placed absorbers. It wasn't until you started unlocking switches and getting access to additional stargates that you had to deal with really high-powered emitters. Sometimes you were on a time limit for the early game where if you didn't terp something you'd be overwhelmed, but not always.

Stave

Quote from: rennervate on December 20, 2022, 09:55:16 AMThanks for your feedback. the problem with my more difficult starts is known to some. Likewise, I often don't manage to make a map interesting until the end. with CSM maps it is even more difficult for me. sorry for that
Please, don't apologize for greatness! This was still a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you can come up with. Yum's maps are great, but they all start to "feel" the same after a while. I love the variety!