Custom Map #10312: I WANT BE PLAYED BY YOU. By: machine234

Started by AutoPost, October 11, 2022, 08:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10312: I WANT BE PLAYED BY YOU

Author: machine234
Size: 99x99

Desc:
Map 1560 CSM-257 I wish Good Health and Good Lu to ALL members of our FRIENDLY KC COMMUNITY: H234 (Hero Helper), D0m0nik, purety, piotrj3, cornucanis, Grabz, Regallion, Kajacx, Daddy Krill, No_exit, Caravus, K75, Knu, Dr Gorgee, Master DarkRubberNeck, Redcrafter, stdout, Shatterstep, SMTaishan, builder17, GoodMorning, FOXX, PRG, Sorrontis, Cecilia, Switchy, FireSlime, Strategic Sage, Schizo, Dawid8, DeSangre, redgoblin88, Spatch, Bilbo...

hawgwash

Brilliant map!  The best avenues of attack and most immediate threats are well disguised.  10 from me!

helmetflakes

Quote from: hawgwash on October 11, 2022, 01:05:08 PMBrilliant map!  The best avenues of attack and most immediate threats are well disguised.  10 from me!
What he said! thanks

yum-forum

Quote from: D0m0nik on October 12, 2022, 03:04:20 AMYum, is that you?

yes, dear D0m0-sama!
In Discord was discussin started by purety and noTbuttRcaT called me machine234. :))
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

D0m0nik

Fantastic,thanks for the map Yum! I set a speedy time of 56.56.6!

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: hawgwash on October 11, 2022, 01:05:08 PMBrilliant map!  The best avenues of attack and most immediate threats are well disguised.  10 from me!

What avenue of attack?!?!

D0m0nik

Loren - I am useless at these but this might help:
Spoiler
It is worth terping a few areas up to 9 to stop the eventual overwhelming of creeper near your base. It is also worth sendimg an early terp to seal off the top right yellow as this frees up a blocker. I think I secured yellow first then used terps and guppies to get my landing pad down to 1 and then went right. There are also some booster things (the blue x1/-1 things) that can be fed by guppies and really help.
[close]

yum-forum

last

hawgwash

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on October 12, 2022, 11:23:02 PM

What avenue of attack?!?!
Loren, here's a few ideas I used.

Spoiler
Get control of the 2x multipliers as soon as possible.  These have a huge effect on the power of your emitters.  Placement of a blocker and early control of a couple of gates are critical to using the multipler in the northeast corner.  Yellow is the key to the map.  With yellow and reasonably strong emitters you can control the southeast corner and then attack the other colors.
[close]

hawgwash

I almost asked the same question.  It has Yum's "digital fingerprints" all over it.  Hopefully it's the first of many from "machine234".

yum-forum

Quote from: hawgwash on October 13, 2022, 08:34:08 AM
I almost asked the same question.  It has Yum's "digital fingerprints" all over it.  Hopefully it's the first of many from "machine234".

unfortunately machine is  broken...
last

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: D0m0nik on October 13, 2022, 02:33:38 AMLoren - I am useless at these but this might help:
Spoiler
It is worth terping a few areas up to 9 to stop the eventual overwhelming of creeper near your base. It is also worth sendimg an early terp to seal off the top right yellow as this frees up a blocker. I think I secured yellow first then used terps and guppies to get my landing pad down to 1 and then went right. There are also some booster things (the blue x1/-1 things) that can be fed by guppies and really help.
[close]

Terping to 9 doesn't stop either of the threats that killed me.

wolfgoesmoo

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on October 13, 2022, 12:45:53 PM
Quote from: D0m0nik on October 13, 2022, 02:33:38 AMLoren - I am useless at these but this might help:
Spoiler
[close]

Terping to 9 doesn't stop either of the threats that killed me.

If you can

Spoiler
get control of the yellow gates like they said, you can use a block on the red gate near the 3 switch. If you mostly keep the 1 and 3 switches off unless you need it, you'll slow down some of the creeper that wants to get to you from the northeast side over the little raised area to the north of the start point, and if you're really swamped you can also block the brown gate there. Some selective terping to 9 also means that when you do have to partially expose yourself to large amounts of creeper it doesn't overwhelm you immediately.

After that you can use blockers/terping to get to both bosses through the gate/door complex on the east side. You're definitely under a little bit of time pressure, so getting yellow under control expeditiously is helpful.
[close]

yum-forum

Initial version of map was with 1 (one!) Blocker unit and it was almost "mission impossible" game!
Who like adventure can try to play again this game with using only 1 Blocker unit...
last