[CW3] Anyway to skip having to do missions to unlock user maps?

Started by ocbaker, March 31, 2014, 07:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ocbaker

I payed CW3 when it first came out and was super excited and LOVEd playing the campaign. I finished it with only a little peak at the forums once, and only to confirm it wasn't just me floundering on that mission. (I was  pretty happy with myself)

I've since moved country and seeing as it is on Steam I thought I might as well give it another go. However I don't have much time and really am only interested in playing the user missions. I no longer have access for the data on my old computer and have no real desire to go through to whole campaign again.

Is there anyway to either unlock everything or at least User missions?

Tjgalon

I want to say no, but since you know where your doing, they can be done fast, as I had to redo them my self for testing. I kjjust played on 2x, or 3x, sometimes 4x, and just speed right through them. In a couple hours, more or elss, you have beat all the storry mission, though, I forget at what point, you can just play the user maps, i think it right after the first couple of worlds.

Asbestos

knucracker

You only have to do the first 5 missions to unlock CS and DMD.  They can be done really quickly for an experienced player.  Short of that, somebody could post saves near the point of completion that would let you through...  but just redoing the first 5 missions might be the quickest...

tornado

well i cant cheat with saves
i tried and the file got overwritten
that and i really Don't want to cheat but in all honesty farbor is a twisted nightmare
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

Flabort

Quote from: tornado on April 01, 2014, 01:21:35 PMfarbor is a twisted nightmare
Most players think this.

Some, however, think of it as the ultimate challenge and are in constant competition with each other over the fastest time on that map.

I think it's a twisted nightmare. It took me 7 tries to get one of the worst successful scores posted for that map; I don't dare try for a better time.
My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)

Lost in Nowhere

The first time I tried Farbor, I lost with a half-charged nullifier aimed at the giant totem
Don't die! :)

Tjgalon

It funny, I know the first time, i hated it, took me a couple tries to beat it barely on time, but now, it was hard to force my self to lose it till the ship came, to get that steam achivment, lol.

planetfall

The first time I beat farbor, the nullifier finished firing about a second after the screen fully faded to black, and I still got the win... TELL NO ONE!
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

tornado

Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.

cooltv27

Quote from: tornado on April 02, 2014, 12:27:09 PM
i fail to get off the start islands

this is the first 3 tries I had, the third I even had looked for help and still failed miserably
I too think farbor is a twisted nightmare, very very twisted *fades to black, freakish scream*
uh oh here comes the creeper, QUICK GET SOME BLASTERS READY! wait, wait, wai, FIRE! IM ON FIRE! NO, NO, NO, GET AWA (the rest was taken by the creeper, taken back and eaten)
I has a youtube channel youtube.com/user/cooltv27

Flabort

In all honesty, I looked on youtube for help. It still took 2 restarts after that to beat it.
My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)

Jamz

Farbor for me was one of the best if not the best map in story mode.
I remember restarting once early in the map because I realised I didn't do things efficiently. When I tried again, I had a much better start although I still wasn't fast. Wasn't able to stop the prism ship from being constructed and only just managed to destroy the totem at 97%. It was a very tense and challenging map and I only wished more maps were like that.

tornado

Hey don't encourage them

I wish less as I STILL haven't beaten it yet and I hate it

Karsten75

Quote from: tornado on April 04, 2014, 05:47:00 PM
Hey don't encourage them

I wish less as I STILL haven't beaten it yet and I hate it

You'll be  better player for having won it. :) Keep at it.