Custom Map #2596: Jackson Mountain. By: AndrewJackson

Started by AutoPost, November 23, 2021, 06:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2596: Jackson Mountain

Author: AndrewJackson
Size: 256x256

BrokenLifeCycle

This level is kinda BS. I don't have enough Greenar, thus Arg production, to supply the sweeper long-term, and it's a critical part of any push. If that goes down for any reason, all that progress goes down the drain very quickly due to a wave of creep spawned in. It's even more scummy to not let players have TERPs to reshape the terrain to make it more defensible.

Karsten75

Quote from: BrokenLifeCycle on December 03, 2021, 03:33:44 PM
This level is kinda BS. I don't have enough Greenar, thus Arg production, to supply the sweeper long-term, and it's a critical part of any push. If that goes down for any reason, all that progress goes down the drain very quickly due to a wave of creep spawned in. It's even more scummy to not let players have TERPs to reshape the terrain to make it more defensible.

Clearly the map can be completed as-is. So, what I suggest is that instead of complaining that you can't complete the map with your chosen strategy, you take a pause, evaluate alternate strategies and attempt those.

Calling maps BS and specific limitations "scummy" isn't going to get you any brownie points. 

Things that are annoying is deliberate making maps slower or "harder" by omitting core components of the game. But omitting Terps on a level that is almost a puzzle and requires that you figure out a strategy that will not generate swamping waves is not one of those.

Ionizer

This was a fun map, I certainly didn't find anything BS about it.

You have to treat the greenar powered devices as beachhead weapons.  Use them to make that initial push but don't depend on them to maintain it, you have other weapons and options for that.   I used the sweeper once, and dropped maybe 4-5 orbitals for the entire game. 

SteveCarlo

Strategy #1 was to cover the island with sprayers and just enough cannon and mortars to not run a deficit to slowly gain ground wile the 1 rocket (built on the 1 flat space) accumulated sufficient orbitals to simultaneously singularity & convert all 4 flip breeder areas.
I had  37 when I decided to try
it didn't work
and then the splash came..... why do I always forget the splash?

I wonder what #2 will be?