Custom Map #2590: LPAC Spiral Abyss v1.0. By: numberguy

Started by AutoPost, November 20, 2021, 08:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2590: LPAC Spiral Abyss v1.0

Author: numberguy
Size: 130x90

HeyHeyHey

So good :) Would love more maps. Only thing i would want less of is void. But its fun with void too. Gonna replay this map alot for sure :)

Niflthaena

I like the void! It makes for different challenges. Promotes the use of the various spawners, but careful use of eggs lets you bridge the void with mesh, too. It's always fun to lay down a trail that completely short-circuits the enemy's carefully planned defenses.

This map is a lot of fun; it's smaller than most of this nature, but the intricacy of the terrain means there's more gameplay in a smaller space. I quite approve.

I think the spawners are a little too distant here; by the time you have the means to unlock them, your creep is strong enough to steamroll things without much help. They're also all set to 0 - which means you have to spend your precious boosts to get anything out of them, there's no direct reward for going out of your way to unlock them. Setting them to 1 or 2 would give the player a little more reason to seek them out.

As for the emitters themselves, if the map uses the boosts, the emitters need to all have the same interval. (Usually .5 seconds, that's what it's balanced for.) If emitters have different intervals, then shorter intervals are strictly superior boost targets; it becomes a false choice for the player. (The same sort of applies to spawners, but since the boosts do reduce spawner intervals, it's less important.)

ikkonoishi

numberguy

So I'll try to make this a little clear
- > Not many ' void ' maps for PAC so I wanted to flop one out there,
- > The Creep can pretty much steam-roll the map that is true, still needs help to push it along at key points :)
- > The Unlocks are optional, and just incase you didn't know about the Skimmer Factory making blobs ( which isn't needed but helps alot ), theyre just bonus objectives, they are weakened for reason, IF the factory actually had 1 skimmer alone, that its self would help the creep steam-roll even more with the player being " AFK " thats is why it starts with 0 along with it having up to 10 blobs if you Mesh under it.
- > The emitters of different time scale was intentional due to - one starting off at a higher rate for a 'starting emitter', and the main lower interval that you are suppose to increase, knowing the difference in timing is essential, it may be misleading but it tends to also help learn small strategies.
- > The precious boosts are meant to be used in such a fashion in which the player wants to have their strength interpreted, I personally do 20-30 spores since it also increases the Payload on this map.
- > If the unlockable emitter is weak for the reason of the nullifier being able to be rebuilt if you're not watching it, I've ran the simulation of rushing over to it with eggs to grab it, and it nearly got renullified when I didn't boost it or keep eggs around where the nullifier was being built. / / I do agree some other things should be increased by a smidge though.
= = = = = =
I probably could've added more Blobs in the Blob Nest since Snipers rely on Energy, but I'm keeping the skims at 0 for now hehe.
Also I apologize for the Rock was published before I properly fixed the RNG of its selection choices BUT It was better to publish it as "fixed" instead of broken, I'll be fixing that code soon from realizing its mistakes.
Egg usage for spreading creep on the void for mesh is acceptable !
I do appreciate the feedback and I'll be looking back at this to keep it in mind.

ButterySkank

Absolutely loved the map, I've played it about 10 times now.

Thank  you so much for making such an amazing map, can't wait to try it again but save as many boosts as possible so I can just unleash an ungodly amount of blobs.

Eliak

actually you can mesh the void. you only need to spam eggs on a ledge and let them get shot by snipers, then spam mesh there. it's the easiest if you prepare it before the creeper reaches the area, but it also works if the creeper already conquered the area. it seems to have something to do with when there's enough creeper in one area in the void the game doesn't recognize that it shouldn't be able to place mesh. or it's intentional, I don't know. anyway, it is possible. still a fun map to play though, even though it got a little bit too easy after I found this.
sincerely,
                  Eliak

phischphood

I don't know how you're /supposed/ to get to the other side, but I had to boost the launcher to >70 and when it got to 100 I'd won the game, felt like I skipped half the map though.