Custom Map #2572: PAC Strip Miner. By: Danu

Started by AutoPost, November 16, 2021, 03:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2572: PAC Strip Miner

Author: Danu
Size: 192x120

hbarudi

Who put easy, short, and fun in the description? It is not easy as I find it tough to push past their units, it is not fun to do so and it takes a very long time to even get half the map in creeper as a pac map.

reddwarf12

I enjoy these PAC maps, including this one. No idea how people are getting two minute times on it; it took me over an hour. But after getting trounced time and again by Creeper on usual maps, it's profoundly satisfying to make the earth shake with exploding cannons and towers.

TBFProgrammer

Quote from: reddwarf12 on November 18, 2021, 12:22:56 PM
No idea how people are getting two minute times on it

Insufficient spore protection with nothing to clear deposited creeper near the rift lab. It's really not a terribly interesting way to play the map.

reddwarf12

Quote from: TBFProgrammer on November 19, 2021, 07:43:56 AM
Quote from: reddwarf12 on November 18, 2021, 12:22:56 PM
No idea how people are getting two minute times on it

Insufficient spore protection with nothing to clear deposited creeper near the rift lab. It's really not a terribly interesting way to play the map.

Hahaa - just tried, and sure enough, the rift lab is not well protected. As you say, not really an interesting way to play the map.

user303

Yet another PAC map with the default 3.5 creeper cap still in place. Who doesn't love getting halfway through a mission and then wondering why all your emitters and stashes just shut off?  :'(

Ago1896

Why do Fieldgens not work properly? I point them in one direction and they push creeper in another...
This is not the first map I find this problem

Oldcowboy

Got extremely frustrated first couple of time I played this map.   Then decided "hey lets just have a little bit of fun".   

Well............  2 emmiters, 1 field gen, 1 egg gen, and 1 hour and 33 min later.  Built in 5 egg increments up to the last 1/4 of map, got hungry so went and made breakfast, letting it run on 4x speed. 

Lets just say the 350 egg wall was a  pretty thing to see washing over the rest of the map.