Custom Map #2451: [FPS + AI] Mortar City I. By: Jamzs3-AU

Started by AutoPost, October 16, 2021, 04:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2451: [FPS + AI] Mortar City I

Author: Jamzs3-AU
Size: 320x200

Squornshellous Beta

Allowing the rift lab to be destroyed leaves the map beatable but the collect objective becomes impossible unless editor mode is used. If this is intentional, there should probably be some indication given to the player, as many FPS maps allow collection of items through proximity and it is not evident that this one does not before playing for long enough to reach it.

Jamzs3AU

Figured that out at the very end, thankfully you can hit J (or any keybind) to exit FPS mode and move the riftlab yourself.
It'll be fixed in stage 2 if I ever get to it. You can move units as well without needing editor mode. (cheesy way)

helmetflakes

Thanks for the map, good fun. One of those you start of thinking I'll never beat this but then you begin to see progress. It's a real shame the FPS maps seem to dropped out of map makers favour. They seem to be by far the most popular. I love 'em. TBH vanilla CW4 has got a little boring, seems like you're mostly just doing the same thing regardless of what the actual map looks like. Maybe it's just me!

Prince

I played all the FPS map you made, and everyone else has made before. This was fun as well, thanks for all your work!

Jamzs3AU

Heads up, Mortar City 2 is coming out SOONTM
Same Map, much more content.

Roszadok

Great job, I hope someone will carry on. These maps are only reason i turn on CW4. I hope you will find pleasure in other things you gonna do

GadgetBoy

I, for one, have missed the FPS maps. Got excited when I saw a new one.

user303

Fun map, a few minor quibbles. The AI builds a lot of snipers, but I don't think there's anything to snipe on the map. And for some reason it was really slow about building out towers in the corner with the collectible item, so I ended up waiting an extra 5 minutes or so once the map was already cleared before I could get that objective. Outside of that, love the map and sad to hear that it may be your final one.

D0m0nik

I still play CW3 and only check in on CW4 for FPS, keep them coming!