"approximately" math command

Started by thepenguin, August 09, 2013, 12:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepenguin

what exactly does this do?  It's a redlink on the wiki, and the name doesn't imply anything about function.
We have become the creeper...

knucracker

thepenguin

wow. thanks.

knucracker

Ha! .... that's awesome looking.
Is that basically Risk?

thepenguin

Quote from: virgilw on August 10, 2013, 12:51:50 PM
Ha! .... that's awesome looking.
Is that basically Risk?
yeah, I needed a post to do a chat upload.  Map Coming Soon...

BTW, it might be better than cavemaniac at risk.  The computer's unit placement tactics look stronger than his, but we don't know until it can play a full game.

knucracker

It looks really cool and I'm very interested to see it.  One note about the official map name, don't use 'Risk' anywhere in the game or title.  Hasbro are hounds for that and crawl websites just looking for "risk" and "game".  'Global Creeper World Domination', 'Creeper and Allies',  or anything like that... and nobody will get upset.

thepenguin

"Risky Business" perhaps?

Should I change more territory names? Caveman wanted me to do New Zealand, instead of New Guinea and I think it might be more fun.

knucracker

If I were doing it, I'd 'make it my own'.  New Z sounds like a good change since we have a Kiwi among us.  It might be interesting to put references to different people you know on the map as well.  So MadMagland rather than Scandinavia, KC Capitol rather than E USA.  You might even get Grauniad to tell you where he is originally from or what continental sub-region he occupies now.

But that's just me... you make it the way you ultimately want... that's the map maker's right :)

thepenguin

Quote from: virgilw on August 10, 2013, 03:44:14 PM
If I were doing it, I'd 'make it my own'.  New Z sounds like a good change since we have a Kiwi among us.  It might be interesting to put references to different people you know on the map as well.  So MadMagland rather than Scandinavia, KC Capitol rather than E USA.  You might even get Grauniad to tell you where he is originally from or what continental sub-region he occupies now.

But that's just me... you make it the way you ultimately want... that's the map maker's right :)
You mean how GR is in england (or texas, I forgot which)
Caveman is a kiwi, etc.
I might change NW. Territory to "Polar Region", if it fits.
Scandinavia will become maglandia :)
E. USA might become "CW Apex" ;)
Unlike most other things, country names are not hard-coded :)