Custom Map #1173: Ship Alooone 1. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, July 04, 2018, 01:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1173: Ship Alooone 1

Author: FOXX
Size: 334x280

Desc:
Actually 2 Ships. The HQ and 1 Upgradable Ship. Introduction Map for this Create Your Own Ship Adventure. Scripting by Kajacx More Info on Forum. #EditStruc #FastBuild #ProximityEmitters

FOXX

The Introduction map for a new series with a totally new playstyle.
Scripts by Kajacx

Some general info:

- You Start with 0 Scrap, ShipLevel 1 and 14 LevelPoints.

- The 2nd Level is Reached at 200 Particles. Each Next Level Increases with every 200 Particles Destroyed by the Upgradable Ship.

- You get a game event tag if you don't have enough Scrap to Upgrade or Level to Unlock.

- Each time you Upgrade your Ship your Upgraded Ship needs to be Rebuild and If the Upgradable Ship has an AmpGem on it you have to pick up the AmpGem after each Upgrade. Sorry, but there was no other way for this.

Opening Conversation

Another Adventure -> This time you can Create your own Custom Ship.
It´s about collecting Scrap for Upgrade Parts and Destroying Particles to Level Up and Unlock more Modules.

Press CTRL+F for the Upgrade Options - Shift for Info on Upgrade Parts.
Select which Part you want and place the Part in the Map.
Then Select the Ship Layout you want and Place that into the Map.
Now you have your Upgraded Ship ready to Build.

Press CTRL+SHIFT+F for the Unlock Options.
From here you can Select what Module you want to Unlock If you have the Matching Level.
Press Shift on Parts for Unlock Info.

3 Tips:
- Upgrading works under Pause.
- You can do more Upgrades before Building your Upgraded Ship.
- Max ShipSize = 8 Modules in Width and 5 Modules in Height.

Lastly -> For the Building Time its best to have an AmpGem on Move/Build Speed Increase.

Let's Create our Custom Ship -> 2 Scrap is located in your Base :)
[close]

ALL Module Costs

MODULE         SCRAPCOST     LEVELCOST

L - Lathe                3          1
N - Cannon            2          1
M - Missle                  2          1

E - Engine            2          2
D - Discharger           2          2

R - Reactor           2          3
T - Energy Tank           2          3
B - grabber           3          3

G - Guppy            3          4      
P - Port            3          4
S - Shield            4          4

K - mK7              5          5
F - Fighter base            8          5
Y - 2 Missiles           3          6
Z - 2 Cannons           3          6

Sorry the numbers are not in line
[close]

Enjoy :)
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

chwooly

Interesting and fun concept, thanks

1 note, I think there should be level values for when you destroy an emmitter and or mire.

Either way, still a fun map and I am looking forward to the next installment.

Thanks
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

GoodMorning

Detecting mire destruction is quite prone to lag - more, even, than particles.

Emitters are trivial to detect the destruction of.

I quite enjoyed the ability to ram rather more than usual. The hull growth rate was ... impressive.

I finished up with three lathes, a Guppy, and (for some reason) a Reactor.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

Quote from: chwooly on July 04, 2018, 09:08:47 PM
Interesting and fun concept, thanks

1 note, I think there should be level values for when you destroy an emmitter and or mire.

Either way, still a fun map and I am looking forward to the next installment.

Thanks

Thank Kajacx for this Great Mechanism. He made this for another map and i took this out for a separate Series.
The Advantage this system has is that i can make different settings in each Map. (example -> Map 1 you start with 14 Level Points and takes 200 Particles to Level up. Map 2 can be example -> you start with 0 Level Points and takes 50 Particles to Level up)
And for Map 3 we have something else planned :)

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

Quote from: GoodMorning on July 05, 2018, 05:17:47 AM

I quite enjoyed the ability to ram rather more than usual. The hull growth rate was ... impressive.

Maybe Kajacx even tried the other system and changed to this one because of the Lag. Don't know for sure but sometimes i had some Lag when playing. Not to much.
There is a 'FastBuild' Script for the fast Building/Repairing which is a great Script with options for Future Maps.
You ended up with a Very different Ship then mine and that is alo beautifull of this system.
All Maps in this Serie start with a different upgradable ship and sure there will be one with a Reactor on it later.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

chwooly

Quote from: GoodMorning on July 05, 2018, 05:17:47 AM

I was thinking of points for the Mire emitters(?) not mire itself. Something along the lines of a 4 being worth 50 points and a 16 being 200 points. I should have been more clear.

Foxx, I played this map 4 times so far. And I do like the ramming and the very impressive growth rate.

Looking forward to the next map.

Cheers

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

FOXX

Quote from: chwooly on July 05, 2018, 07:56:14 AM

I was thinking of points for the Mire emitters(?) not mire itself. Something along the lines of a 4 being worth 50 points and a 16 being 200 points. I should have been more clear.

Foxx, I played this map 4 times so far. And I do like the ramming and the very impressive growth rate.

Looking forward to the next map.

Cheers

Ahaa, and that system can also be applied on Emitters. The stronger the Emitter / MireSpawner, the Higher the Level Points. Ship- and DoppelSpawners could also be included. Only thing is that this needs to be scripted and the layout for the series is already made. (probably 6 Maps)
Maaaaybe for extra Maps this could be a thing but the setup in map 2 is already different then map 1. (idea is to switch this setup every map)

"Foxx, I played this map 4 times so far." -> Yeah, usually i don't replay my maps but this is a Map i'm going to replay myself.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Tashen

Nice new system.  I never made it to level 5 (which I think was required for the MK7s).  I finished at level 4 with 1 extra lathe, cannons, engine, and storage tank.  To defeat the baddy with the MK7 I used the edit struct to damage him and get the gun down and then rammed.

FOXX

Quote from: Tashen on July 05, 2018, 11:17:40 AM
Nice new system.  I never made it to level 5 (which I think was required for the MK7s).  I finished at level 4 with 1 extra lathe, cannons, engine, and storage tank.  To defeat the baddy with the MK7 I used the edit struct to damage him and get the gun down and then rammed.

New System - New Strategies and Ramming works great with this System. (didn't ram much in this Map - only the Doppels around the Islands)
The MK7 Needed Level 5 in this Map but you can play as you want and that is maybe the most fun about this Upgrade System.
Next Map the settings will be slightly different.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

FOXX

Quote from: Sorrontis on July 05, 2018, 03:53:35 PM
you guys impress me.  8)

Very Pleased Sorrontis :)
And this is only going to be better !!

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

CyberDyneSystems

This is very cool indeed. :)

So I was a bit foolish and invested in early in the aircraft carrier upgrade, took quite a fight to finally get enough scrap to build it with my limited ship. I was sad to see that this costly upgrade costs again in that particles destroyed by fighters did not count towards level upgrade. :(
After all that I had to turn off the carrier deck so I could get some particles for leveling up.

The upside, with no other way to take on the ships, including those equipped with Mk7, the dormant flight deck which I was forced to construct out in front of everything else instead of behind, became a VERY effective (if costly) battering ram!

FOXX

Quote from: CyberDyneSystems on July 20, 2018, 08:25:05 PM
This is very cool indeed. :)

I agree :)

QuoteSo I was a bit foolish and invested in early in the aircraft carrier upgrade, took quite a fight to finally get enough scrap to build it with my limited ship. I was sad to see that this costly upgrade costs again in that particles destroyed by fighters did not count towards level upgrade. :(
After all that I had to turn off the carrier deck so I could get some particles for leveling up.

The upside, with no other way to take on the ships, including those equipped with Mk7, the dormant flight deck which I was forced to construct out in front of everything else instead of behind, became a VERY effective (if costly) battering ram!

Yeah, Ramming is very useful in these maps. Each map in this series has its own settings for a little change.
Best of these maps is you can play in different ways with different modules.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!