Main Menu

Replays?

Started by Siccles, January 06, 2010, 10:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siccles

If it isnot too much work, I think an option to save replays would greatly enhance the potential of creeper world.
It would be a way better way than recording videos and checking if a player hacked would also be way easier.

wicherh

he doesnt even have a save function included so i dont think a replay would come

knucracker

Both a save game and a replay are things that would be nice.... but would also take several weeks to implement (while doing nothing else).  The replay would have to be 'smart' and just record games changes and commands and things like that.  Easy enough to conceive of, and really hard to get just right (and tested completely).  The save gave is the easiest by far to implement and get right... so that would be what I do first once I get the cycles.

Karsten75

Quote from: virgilw on January 06, 2010, 09:56:22 PM
Both a save game and a replay are things that would be nice.... but would also take several weeks to implement (while doing nothing else).  The replay would have to be 'smart' and just record games changes and commands and things like that.  Easy enough to conceive of, and really hard to get just right (and tested completely).  The save gave is the easiest by far to implement and get right... so that would be what I do first once I get the cycles.

Just thinking laterally here, but conceivably the "replay" could replay a series of game saves, no? It wouldn't have to be strictly every command, for instance.  And if there is a large number of saves, then a difference function could save differences. I'm not saying it is any easier to implement, and it lack the true replay function, but I'm just putting it "out there."