[Suggestion] Make the letter i do the same as e

Started by stdout, December 06, 2016, 02:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stdout

When I play, I find myself hovering over the P so I can pause and unpause frequently. It's convenient that O is right next to P. I pause the game with my left index finger, then without moving I hit O with my left middle finger. But if I want to slide a ship using E, I have to move my hand over to E. If the letter I ("i") was mapped to E, then I could do all three functions without moving my hand. That would be super convenient. Can you do it V?

Relli

Command hotkeys are already customizable in the options menu. Unless perhaps you mean you want that button to have two hotkeys, so you can use them interchangeably? Although I think that's doable as well. Some games allow you to set two hotkeys for one command, can't remember if this game does, but I'm fairly sure.

planetfall

Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

stdout

I can't believe I didn't remember that I could change out the keys. D'oh! Thanks guys. Consider this suggestion withdrawn.

knucracker

[Using the Arc to send this topic back to myself in the early part of 2016...]
[Zzzzzzap]
[History is now altered so that the key mapper has been in the game since its release]

Q.E.D

Prof

Quote from: virgilw on December 06, 2016, 04:12:14 PM
[Zzzzzzap]
[History is now altered so that the key mapper has been in the game since its release]

Q.E.D

I couldn't help but clap at this... perfect Virgilw, Just perfect.   ;D ;D

stdout

Thanks for the laugh!  ;D

I did change the keys. I now have it set like:

Q = Build Omni
W = Slide ship
E = Pause

Works perfectly.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: virgilw on December 06, 2016, 04:12:14 PM
[Zzzzzzap]

Q.E.D

Apparently there is a serious program to detect time-travelers living among us who are using the internet.

They look for people searching for things that don't yet exist or events that have not yet occurred.

How they filter omniscient, prescient, hopeful and downright wacky searches wasn't disclosed...

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

GoodMorning

Rising Star tech. has an opinion on those who arbitrarily alter history, and try not to do so unnecessarily.

Hear ye A Sound of Thunder (Ray Bradbury)?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.