[suggestion] Save/load custom fleet lists

Started by LintMan, October 13, 2016, 12:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LintMan

I'd like to see the ability to save/load custom fleets in the story missions, the simulacrum, exchange missions, inception missions, and anywhere else you might need to pick ships for a fleet.  Basically, if the ability to save and load the custom fleet file was added to the existing custom fleet chooser stuff in the story missions (and elsewhere), and then if the simulacrum could optionally load a custom fleet file, that'd be good.  I really want to use the simulacrum with my custom fleets.

Relli

(I'm replying based on information I kinda heard once, so...take it with a grain of salt)
There is a way to use custom fleets in the Simulacrum. It's misleading, though... You can ignore the ships it has you add as part of the setup, and when you confirm your randomized map, it should give you the option, the same as always, to go in with the default fleet or a sandbox fleet. Pick sandbox and you're in.
That said, the saving and loading of entire fleets would certainly be nice. That all could still use doing.

knucracker

It isn't terribly convenient for save and load of a fixed fleet, but the game currently remembers any sandbox fleet you set for a given mission.  So if you play the same mission again in sandbox mode, it should start with the sandbox fleet you played with last time.  That fleet configuration is stored here, per mission:
"c:\Users\YOUR_USER\Documents\My Games\particlefleet\missioninventory"
So if you play a mission with a fleet you love, you can copy the .dat file for it from the above directory and use it elsewhere.  Not very user friendly, but technically possible...

LintMan

I still think that savbe/load fleets from a file would be easier and more intuitive, but thanks to both of you for the workarounds.  They will definitely help.