Custom Map #1542: InGame Ship Editor Map 8. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, July 06, 2020, 09:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1542: InGame Ship Editor Map 8

Author: FOXX
Size: 360x310

Desc:
8th Map for the InGame Ship Editor. With NEW Custom Modules. #EditStruc #ParticlesOverMiredLand #InGameEditor by GoodMorning & Kajacx #TiconDefenseRange by Stickman Attention -> This Map Takes Time.

FOXX

8th map for The Ingame Ship Editor.
With this tool you can create your own ships for the map.
Info under the Editor. Click HullPart or Module to Select.

Some tips:
- Look at the map and think about what ships you would need to start.
- Look in the Editor at your amount of Shipcores, Hull and Modules you have.
- Create your startships, play and pickup more stuff.

You start with 5 ShipCores, 310 HullParts and a Lathe Layout in the Editor.
This map has UnLimited Default ModuleParts (except Lathe) and Custom PartsPickups.

Note -> You can add Hull and Modules to existing ships with the Alt-X option but after editing the ship has to be rebuild.
Ps -> FlipEmitters have Grow Struc on (if you use this)
-> 1 Tank = 500 Energy.

Info about Custom Modules

CUSTOM MODULES IN THIS MAP

BHole Totem      - This is the Totem you need for the Black Hole Module.
Black Hole      - When charged this module creates a Black Hole wich sucks in red particles and doppels.
Bomber         - Targets Particles, Ships, Doppels and Emergent.
Bombs Module      - Spawns Bombs around the Ship. Defends against Enemy Ships.
Bot Module      - Spawns Moving Bots. Defends against Particles, Doppels and Ships.
Convertor      - Converts Red Particles into Blue.
Decoupler      - Targets Particle Bonds. Also Particle Bonds in Doppels.
HellFire      - Targets ship's hull, Doppels CM, Emergent and Emitters.
Howitzer Weapon      - Targets Particles(Bonds), Ships, Doppels And Emergent.
Laser Weapon      - Targets Particles and Doppels.
NegativeCharge      - Targets Enemy Energy Storages to Extract Energy.
Nuker Weapon      - Targets Energy Mines, Ships, Doppels and Emitters.
OPC Module      - When charged this module creates a platform with 2 Omni's.
OPC Totem      - This is the Totem you need for the OPC Module.
Orbs Module      - Spawns Orbs which Circle Around the Ship for Protection.
OverCharger      - Targets Enemy Stunners and Turns Them Friendly.
P4- Bomb      - Contains Particles. Released when Destroyed.
Particle Maker      - Creates Particles.
Plasma Bolt      - Targets Particles , Ships, Doppels and Emergent.
Plasma Missile      - Targets Particles(Bonds) and Doppels.
Custom Reactor      - Generates 2x Energy of normal Reactor.
Purifier      - When charged this module creates a White Hole wich converts enemy units.
Purifier Totem      - This is the Totem you need for the Purifier Module.
RockBurn      - With this Module you can delete land fast.
Siege Weapon      - Targets Ships, Doppels and Emitters.
Terp Module      - With this Module you can create land.
Tesla Module      - Targets Particles, Doppels, Ships and Emergent.
[close]

Let's make some ships :)

Greets FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

toolforger

Unplayable for me: As soon as I place a designed ship on the map for building, the game sort-of stops: I can move ships, but their modules will stay where they are, particles don't move, doppels move only their cores, ships don't build but regenerate.
Very weird.

FOXX

Quote from: toolforger on November 01, 2020, 01:55:29 AM
Unplayable for me: As soon as I place a designed ship on the map for building, the game sort-of stops: I can move ships, but their modules will stay where they are, particles don't move, doppels move only their cores, ships don't build but regenerate.
Very weird.
That must look very weird indeedToolforger.
Only thing i can think of is maybe you need to install latest version of PF?

Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

toolforger

Game is Steam-managed, with nothing special (no beta, no nothing), so I doubt it's a PF version issue, and I wouldn't know how to upgrade anyway (I believe there was an automatic one, once).
... checking... yeah. It's set to "Always keep this game up to date" in Steam. Which announces 1.0.2 - interestingly enough, the game identifies as 1.1.4 on the load screen. Weird but maybe Steam allows upgrading without announcements? (No idea, I never published a game.)

toolforger

I found a possible cause:
I made a ship that was maximum length, i.e. it touched the left and right end of the design area. With that, I got that weird unplayability.
I designed a version that was one block smaller front and back, and with that, it worked.

I haven't fully validated that it is really the cause, it's just a gut feeling (I'm a software engineer by profession and refuse to to debugging in my free time except for my own coding projects ;-) )

FOXX

Quote from: toolforger on November 01, 2020, 05:56:10 PM
Game is Steam-managed, with nothing special (no beta, no nothing), so I doubt it's a PF version issue, and I wouldn't know how to upgrade anyway (I believe there was an automatic one, once).
... checking... yeah. It's set to "Always keep this game up to date" in Steam. Which announces 1.0.2 - interestingly enough, the game identifies as 1.1.4 on the load screen. Weird but maybe Steam allows upgrading without announcements? (No idea, I never published a game.)
Hmm, version should be 1.1.4 but i am not a publisher also so don't know how that works with steam.
Also without reason i could blame steam because i don't like that platform but probably is not steam.

Quote from: toolforger on November 02, 2020, 04:49:12 PM
I found a possible cause:
I made a ship that was maximum length, i.e. it touched the left and right end of the design area. With that, I got that weird unplayability.
I designed a version that was one block smaller front and back, and with that, it worked.

I haven't fully validated that it is really the cause, it's just a gut feeling (I'm a software engineer by profession and refuse to to debugging in my free time except for my own coding projects ;-) )
Very nice to hear it worked with a 'slightly' smaller ship :)
I thought i test that and made a full length ship and with me it worked. So maybe adding more confusion on your side.
But i have no clue other then that version thing i mentioned.

Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

GoodMorning

Quote from: toolforger on November 02, 2020, 04:49:12 PM
[...] and refuse to to debugging in my free time except for my own coding projects ;-) )

Very wise. I wrote that script (based on someone else's ship-compilation), and I wouldn't want to go digging.

With that being said, I'd be vaguely interested to look at the logfile if you still have it.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

toolforger

What kind of name would the log file have?
(Steam, like any large-ish framework, may be moving files to some deeply nested directory, but I can search for a file name easily.)

GoodMorning

It's called output_log.txt

On my system, it's under:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Particle Fleet Emergence\ParticleFleet_Data

If you've opened the game since, though, it will have been overwritten. It's not major, I'm just idly wondering what the exception is that's breaking the main loop, so I can avoid repeating the mistake.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

toolforger

Ah pity. Yes, I have indeed restarted the game since, so the log is gone.