Custom Map #1463: Spacy Space. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, December 14, 2019, 01:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1463: Spacy Space

Author: FOXX
Size: 288x133

Desc:
Warning!! -> This Map contains Flashing Images. This is an expiremental map i have made a real map from. #EditStruc #ParticlesoverMiredLand #TiconDefenseRange by Stickman #OmniSpawner by Sorrontis

chwooly

I am not a fan of the flashy stuff, Only because there is no way to make it go away.

If this was a cloud of war thing that you maybe had to nullify something to have it disappear then it would be a nice addition and I could see possibilities. Overall the map was well done as usual but the overlay didn't really add anything to the play. it was more like the plastic furniture covers that were used so extensively in the 1950's-1970's, While they looked good and appeared to add value from a distance once you went to enjoy the furniture they covered they kept you from enjoying the actual quality of the furniture underneath...

Thanks for making this, Maybe tie the overlay to an mire spawner so that you have some way to make it disappear.

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

FOXX

Quote from: chwooly on December 14, 2019, 11:35:05 PM
I am not a fan of the flashy stuff, Only because there is no way to make it go away.
Didn't think of that. But i do now ;)

QuoteIf this was a cloud of war thing that you maybe had to nullify something to have it disappear then it would be a nice addition and I could see possibilities. Overall the map was well done as usual but the overlay didn't really add anything to the play. it was more like the plastic furniture covers that were used so extensively in the 1950's-1970's, While they looked good and appeared to add value from a distance once you went to enjoy the furniture they covered they kept you from enjoying the actual quality of the furniture underneath...
Going to make another map with this feature.

QuoteThanks for making this, Maybe tie the overlay to an mire spawner so that you have some way to make it disappear.

Cheers

Welcome Chwooly and i came up with something else....

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Laithaldien

I know, but I highly doubt virgil reinvented the wheel a second time code-wise.
There should be enough similarities for those scripts to be of use if you really were aiming for FoW.

Anything is better than those disco squares of LSDoom.

chwooly

Looking forward to another map with a disappearing flashy thing...

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

FOXX

Quote from: Laithaldien on December 16, 2019, 05:27:24 PM
I know, but I highly doubt virgil reinvented the wheel a second time code-wise.
There should be enough similarities for those scripts to be of use if you really were aiming for FoW.

Anything is better than those disco squares of LSDoom.
Unfortunately i am not good at coding but i came up with another idea for this flashy stuff.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

Quote from: chwooly on December 16, 2019, 06:54:06 PM
Looking forward to another map with a disappearing flashy thing...

Cheers
Coming up,
Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

jelus

Great map, I like the feature to hide the land.
Not a fan of flashy stuff.
Is there another way to keep hiding lands without flashing light ?
Thanks again.

FOXX

Quote from: jelus on November 13, 2020, 07:44:10 AM
Great map, I like the feature to hide the land.
Not a fan of flashy stuff.
Is there another way to keep hiding lands without flashing light ?
Thanks again.

Thanks Jelus,

An interesting idea turned out too flashy :)
In PRPL you have the RGB settings so you could leave it 1 colour.
Transparent wouldn't work and never tested black but should work also.

Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!