Custom Map #501: Only Omnis. By: Cremi

Started by AutoPost, January 01, 2017, 04:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #501: Only Omnis

Author: Cremi
Size: 256x144

Desc:
First Map, fairly Easy, hope you Enjoy :)

D0m0nik

Really well exectuted, I thought it would be tedious but the gameplay really develops as you go through. How you use that Amp gem maybe critical time wise.

chwooly

Quote from: D0m0nik on January 02, 2017, 04:54:00 PM
Really well exectuted, I thought it would be tedious but the gameplay really develops as you go through. How you use that Amp gem maybe critical time wise.
Spoiler
I am sure my time was horrible compared to yours but I ended up using the gem to get rock burner to dig out under the mines, I got to a point where I couldn't fly to the mires without getting my omni's killed. And I couldn't mire land faster then the mire spawners could
[close]
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Sorrontis

Omni reactors, plus flying with waypoints to heal is a good way to micro manage this map. I'll do it tonight.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Sorrontis

Quote from: Sorrontis on January 02, 2017, 05:21:47 PM
Omni reactors, plus flying with waypoints to heal is a good way to micro manage this map. I'll do it tonight.

Nope... doesn't work. :( Those mine cannons are tough
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Sorrontis

That was fun.... Shouldn't play at 2x though.

D0m0nik

My technique

Spoiler
Amp gem for omni cannons. Once I collected the first 2 or 3 omnis I started to spread the omnis out across the map starting at the far right first. First priority was to land next to a mine and then collect as many omnis as possible before attacking the little mire things. I think I got up to 21 omnis before the pick ups started to turn red and then I attacked, 2 omnis per mire thingy. Keeping omnis spread across the map prevented enemy mines from forming. Omni reactors may have been good but cannons speed up taking back the land.
[close]

Sorrontis

I'll try that again :) It's a really interesting map.

svartmes

I concur, this map while seemingly easy and lacking of units have surprising depth.
My ego should be hurt as I'm getting awful times on this one, not even qualifying on top ten. But it's almost refreshing to find a map I'm really bad at ;)

Hats off to D0m0nik for that insane time!