Custom Map #8887: Immortal Emitters Try 8.1. By: nathanaelps

Started by AutoPost, September 16, 2020, 02:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8887: Immortal Emitters Try 8.1

Author: nathanaelps
Size: 119x119

Desc:
Inspired by the CW4 emitters, take on a shattered world of immortal creeper! Neither emitters nor nests are destroyed by nullifiers, but they are weakened enough that a constant stream of packets will keep them quiet. Towers aren't destroyed by nullifiers either, instead they're quelled by flooding them with AC. Don't let them emerge from the AC, though, or they'll come back to life! The towers will come to life after the first minute or two (Or three? I don't remember already!). Still playing with te

Helper

Good morning.
I'm 17 minutes in and have about half the map under control, but am going to quit out.
The Spore Towers are a real game changer. This is the second map I've noticed that they are pretty well overwhelming for any kind of enjoyable game. Your time of 3+ hours should have been enough warning for me to not even try.
I think the terrain is much improved, but still takes a lot of time and power to create usable space.
Also, if you're going to make AC a basic requirement of the map, make more Ore available. I know that I can eventually increase the efficiency of the mines, but it seems to be one more conscious decision on your part to increase the time of the game. It does nothing to bump the fun meter.
The run up in the first few minutes to build enough power and take control of some of your towers was a lot of fun and the game was really moving quickly. At about seven minutes things slowed down dramatically and the Spore Towers started sucking up power (and fun).
All the above is just IMO and I continue to look forward to your next map.
Thanks,
H

Helper

PS - Big congratulations on your family event you mentioned a couple of days ago.
It might be a while before you get caught up on your rest.
Best wishes also to your other half.
H