Secret Raining Level

Started by warutel, June 19, 2011, 03:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warutel

Quote from: DarthVader12 on June 20, 2011, 05:02:54 PM
To sum this all up:

A OCD person hacked a creeper world 2 code map called Secret Raining Level to have the creeper "rain" from the top.
He made a video to troll us and midway through the topic people started making puns about it.

Oh and he will not give us the cw2 file so we can play it.

I said I couldn't fulfill that request at that moment.

Now I can :D

Ok, here you have two missions for CW2, have fun please!

Warutel's Rain & Warutel's Flood!

The first one is easy and should be fun for anyone. The second one is harder and I think people will like a map like this. I tried to balance them the best I could in half an hour, so please have mercy :D

If you like this stuff, I will try to make a good/challenging mission :)

Edited: Rain is the easy one, no the other way around.

burguertime

If you did not get a copy of the map editor, then congrats on making a custom map out of hex editing. If you did, well then good joke, but I think there should be someone out there that broke some EULA.
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

Blaze

That is no doubt made with a third party program, the repulsors don't cause the creeper to spread out, like what would happen with fields.

warutel

Quote from: burguertime on June 20, 2011, 06:33:23 PM
If you did not get a copy of the map editor, then congrats on making a custom map out of hex editing. If you did, well then good joke, but I think there should be someone out there that broke some EULA.

I got to go to sleep. Tomorrow I will explain :)

TonyP2000

That second map confused me even more!  :o
Vote Tony!

snowmaker (JM)

Quote from: Blaze on June 20, 2011, 06:44:30 PM
That is no doubt made with a third party program, the repulsors don't cause the creeper to spread out, like what would happen with fields.

The map gets reset to the default settings after a restart.

Slooch

So where do you put the save game file?

CobraKill

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it appdata/creeperworld2. I'm on my phone so I can't check.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Grauniad

We've all had some fun. Save games like this can probably not be loaded outside the beta version of CW2, unless some minor hacking is employed. Also, some of the actions on the video is not available in the real-life saved maps.

We now have a pretty good idea of what happened and it is best this thread ends here. :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon