Colonial Space Q&A

Started by yum-forum, January 20, 2014, 06:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yum-forum

Nice new part of CW3, but

I created "map 05" befor Colonial Space was introduced. Score was submitted.
Now I downloaded new version (1.6.1) of CW3 with Colonial Space and tryed to submitt
this map. System ask me re-finalized map again. I re-finalazed map. Then system
ask me submitt score (play once more this game with new version of CW3).
I played and submitted score. Then system again inform me that I played
in old version and ask me to download new version of CW3 and again re-finalize map.
But version 1.6.1 is new. Or not?
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

knucracker

The system keeps you from uploading a map that is finalized with an older version.  Older versions didn't create the nice new image thumbnails.
Now if you install 1.61 (or one of the later betas) load a map in the editor, click finalize.  Then you go play that finalized map and post a score.  Do those things and you can post a map.  This is working because maps are showing up.  What may have happened is you played the older version again, didn't finalize to the name you think, etc.  Basically some wires got crossed.

You can verify that your map has been finalized with a new version by looking for a jpg file in the finalized dir.  FOr instance if your map is called "MyMap", then look for this file:
c:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\CreeperWorld3\Finalized\MyMap\screenshot.jpg

If that screenshot.jpg file is there, then "MyMap" has been finalized with a new version.

yum-forum

Quote from: virgilw on January 20, 2014, 06:42:58 PM
The system keeps you from uploading a map that is finalized with an older version.  Older versions didn't create the nice new image thumbnails.
Now if you install 1.61 (or one of the later betas) load a map in the editor, click finalize.  Then you go play that finalized map and post a score.  Do those things and you can post a map.  This is working because maps are showing up.  What may have happened is you played the older version again, didn't finalize to the name you think, etc.  Basically some wires got crossed.

You can verify that your map has been finalized with a new version by looking for a jpg file in the finalized dir.  FOr instance if your map is called "MyMap", then look for this file:
c:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\CreeperWorld3\Finalized\MyMap\screenshot.jpg

If that screenshot.jpg file is there, then "MyMap" has been finalized with a new version.
Yes, I installed 1.6.1, loaded map in the editor, finalized (It was message that map finalized). Then in "Projects" in list of "Finalized Worlds" on map 05.cw3 at the right side was red message "Post Score" and I played game again and posted score (after submitting score system created  list of score with only one my score). Red "Post Score" changed to white "Upload". If I click "Upload"
and then upload map  system message is "Thumbnail made with old game version. Update to latest game version and re-finalize
the map". But my version of game is 1.6.1.

in directory ....\Creeper Word3\Finalized\map 05\  exist map 05.cw3, map 05-auto.cw3, map 05-0.cw3, map 05-1.cw3,
map 05-2.cw3 and  screenshot (jpg).
In 4 sucsessfully uploaded games (map 01, map 02, map 03 and map 04) in directories   ...\finalized\map xx\ 
screenshots (jpg) not exist.

What am I doing wrong?
last

knucracker

Attach the screenshot.jpg here so I can see what size it is.  It should be 512x512.

That message is returned by the server if the screenshot you try to upload isn't 512x512... that's basically the only check it makes.  In the past I didn't do this check but people kept uploading old maps and I had to fix them by hand....

I can of course remove this restriction again, but I'd like to know why it isn't working.

yum-forum

size 256x512
last

knucracker

Ah.... sometimes when you see something it all clicks and makes sense.  Try it again and let me know if it works or doesn't work now.  You should be able to just upload the map.

yum-forum

Quote from: virgilw on January 22, 2014, 10:50:22 AM
Ah.... sometimes when you see something it all clicks and makes sense.  Try it again and let me know if it works or doesn't work now.  You should be able to just upload the map.

Thank You!
"map 05" now start to live for everybody!  :)
last