What I would like to see in a future patch

Started by pawel345, October 05, 2013, 12:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vhl

Help menu

• For newbies it should be somthing like "help" menu where it will be shourtly described properties and abilities of all buildings and weapons. Like in CW1 and CW2.
Key bindings

• When you bind some command, this key should be visible in tooltip when you hover mouse over weapon or building like in CW1 and CW2
  • Add ability to bind "menu" key (i think it should be ESC by default)
  • If you check "right click = cancel" in menu and go in "terraform" mode you cannot cancel. I think we need to add ability to cancel "terraform" mode by right clicking or at least ability to rebind "Remove" submode from right mouse button to some another

Mimsy

Air denial fields should stop drops from orbit.
That or a new orbit-denial enemy structure. It would be nice to restrict someone from landing certain places on the map and you could stop people from rush-nullifying spore launchers.
Momo on the DMD scores.

Harkler

4xC

Replace targeting reticles with Area-of-Effect Fields.

These reticles apply to all appropriate titans and all AoO's.

BTW, I haven't checked to see if it still persits, but last time I set totems to "charge without forge", nothing improved on it like it seemed it was supposed to.

On a personal note, I know this next thing will never happen, but if the Singer were enabled to convert all creeper it sucked in into AC, it would be much more useful. As it is now, it seems like dead weight.
C,C,C,C

JF-T

I would like for there to be a sort of 'auto target' option for strafers. They're really handy to use but it can be sometimes a pain to change their paths when you have about 50 other units to control. I'd imagine the paths would be set as a default to possibly hitting areas out of reach of unupgraded mortars or something. I dunno, thought it would be a handy or atleast interesting if not useful option.

Also Mimsy's point is pretty agreeable for me. I also found out that units such as cannons that fly through a AE field, do not get attacked. Doesn't make much sense for them to atleast not be attacked and say damaged less than strafers would be (due to them being ground-based I assume they'd be tougher). They pass through AE fields unharmed no matter how deep they go. Atleast that's how I've experienced it.
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps

Michionlion

Quote from: JF-T on October 12, 2013, 10:04:11 PM
I would like for there to be a sort of 'auto target' option for strafers. They're really handy to use but it can be sometimes a pain to change their paths when you have about 50 other units to control. I'd imagine the paths would be set as a default to possibly hitting areas out of reach of unupgraded mortars or something. I dunno, thought it would be a handy or atleast interesting if not useful option.

Also Mimsy's point is pretty agreeable for me. I also found out that units such as cannons that fly through a AE field, do not get attacked. Doesn't make much sense for them to atleast not be attacked and say damaged less than strafers would be (due to them being ground-based I assume they'd be tougher). They pass through AE fields unharmed no matter how deep they go. Atleast that's how I've experienced it.

AE fields are basically shields that vaporize incoming projectiles - therefore nobody ever shoots at them.  You could also theorize that they only do it to things that would intrinsically hurt the creeper, rather than just a hunk of metal.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

bobthebike

A big pause button, ability to "dock" the control panel to the sides.

DToad

Quote from: bobthebike on October 13, 2013, 11:26:30 AM
A big pause button, ability to "dock" the control panel to the sides.

I'd like to dock the control panel on the side as well. It makes more sense for a wide screen monitor.

J

My suggestion for a future update:
For sprayers, add a slidebar for how to divide their ammo storage. This way you can set when the sprayer stops requesting packets and starts sending AC back to the CN. Default is 50 (in v1.04) and can be set anywhere between 0 and 100 (with steps of 10). 0 means it won't be able to fire unless the CN storage is full and 100 means it will never send any AC back to the CN. Useful for faster dispatch to CN and to load sprayers with full ammo before sending them to an island and avoids confusion for new players (why doesn't my sprayer load fully?).

pawel345

Some more CRPL functions, especialy:
a way to make something like carmozonium(?? idk how to write it) walls form CW1 to block player connections with CRPL,
a way to spawn player units and structures,
and a way to send and receive packets of any kind(not only ammo) as well as increase or decease player energy production.
Also more control of AntiAir fields to be able to place them from any place on the map in any shape using CRPL.

Crazycolorz5

Well, as well as all the features I mentioned I wanted for CRPL in this thread: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=14329

Mimsy

A stars rating for DMD maps, and a way to sort by that.
Right now, tiny easy maps have high play counts even when they suck, simply because it only takes 2 minutes of your time to try it out.
Momo on the DMD scores.

Captain Ford

I'd like to see a feature that allows you to deploy guppies without a full load. There are already some puzzle maps in the DMD where this would be an extremely useful feature.

Optimally, I'd like to see a slider/text field that allows you to set the minimum amount of energy/ore the guppy will deploy with, as well as to separately set the maximum amount of energy the pad will accumulate while the guppy is gone (or while the guppy doesn't have a destination set).

teknotiss

a "more saves" save option, some maps i never save, others i need about 20 saves slots! ;) never a happy medium, a button that give a new slot and a scroll bar to choose amongst them would be nce.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Lord_Farin

What I'd love to see is updated dispatching algorithms. Currently I'm in Tormented Space, meaning I only get one CN. It doesn't matter what humongous army I control, there is no lag.

On the other hand, when I played some Prospector Zone maps, I regularly got lag when using multiple CNs. Similarly for some of the story missions.

So I'd be pleased if this specific part of the code could at least be looked at -- after all, it may just have been my perception.
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!