Custom Map #1297: GMM-04. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, January 05, 2019, 12:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1297: GMM-04

Author: yum234
Size: 144x144

Desc:
Advanced GoodMorning Mode game. Now Controllers and corresponding Bridges you can see with index and under mouse - helpful visible lines. In some case one controllers corresponds to several bridges or for some bridges you need several "keys" (activated controllers). On/off of activated controllers for opening bridge(s) by one click. Game not too easy because of evil EMERGENTS! #BravoGoodMorning #GoodLuck

yum-forum

New experimental concept created by GoodMorning.
At the right/up side outside map you can read Help.
Good luck!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

yum-forum

Too evil emergent?  :-\

I created also easy version of map without emergent. Something like introduction in new GoodMorning Mode.  :)
last

Ionizer

I can't decide if the emergent is TOO evil or just evil.  :)

Early game before lots of Omnis with cannons was ROUGH.

Made me mad.  Then satisfied when I beat it.

I think the randomness of the emergent is what got to me, there was little strategy other than sending waves of Omnis to capture something and hope an emergent didn't kill them all, or spawn under them, or wander through a field of them under construction.

Have to admit I was relieved when the next map didn't have them.  90% relieved, 10% disappointed.

yum-forum

last

stevo

Emergent was not too evil at all. Awkward in the early stages, but I found this approach helped:

Spoiler

Early on, I used the initial amp gem for Omni Reactors. Partly to allow a greater range to kill off some of the slightly more distant mire spawners, but mainly as it seems to be the only way to sufficiently fuel the omnis at the beginning.
[close]

Spoiler

Spreading the omnis out seemed to help split the emergent attack. But I just had to accept that omnis would be killed off in the first few minutes. My mine too, but the HQ always reclaimed it soon enough.
[close]

Spoiler

Focussed on picking up more omnis by going up the left-hand side (bridge 1). Having more of them not only built up my mire more quickly, it also further reduced the impact of the emergent attacks
[close]

Spoiler

As soon as I got the second amp gem
Spoiler
Under one of the mire spawners up-left from bridge 2
[close]
I went for Omni Cannons but turned off Fire At Mire and Fire At Struc. That way they fired at the emergent. That covering fire worked increasingly well as I picked up more omnis.
[close]

Spoiler

Cleared the sections just above and below bridge 2 (just below the enemy energy mine) and collected the omnis before opening bridge 2. That shifted the mire balance in my favour enough to flow into the new area.
[close]

Spoiler

As I needed to attack heavily mired areas, I had to switch on Fire At Mire again on some omnis, leaving others doing covering fire at the emergent.
[close]

Not a spoiler to say that it gets easier as you get through the level because a) you get more omnis, and b) you reduce the amount of enemy emergent and restrict its range.

A very satsifying level. Some parts are effectively prescribed in the way we have to move through the level (e.g. bridge order in the early stages), but in other parts it offers a more free choice.

yum-forum

So detailed analysis!
4th spoiler was new even for me and I get new knowledge about PF.
Big thanks!  :)
last

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

last