Custom Map #1181: Build A Bear. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, July 14, 2018, 12:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1181: Build A Bear

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 500x128

Desc:
You enter another Sorrontis sector. Why? We don't know the mind of a mad man, for that is what you are, mad. May the new weapons save your soul #Sorrontiphobia #PRPL #ChickenSoupForTheSoul #1Rating

Sorrontis

so, umm... hints?

Oh... I didn't realize until just now... The Ctrl+(whatever) only works when the game is unpaused. Sorry :(

Ctrl+Y makes new energy mines, Ctrl+U Cannons, Ctrl+H friendly emitters, Ctrl+J Amp gemse
Spoiler
Each time you make a core, the price of making new core of the same type increases
Spoiler
But for two of them, mines/emitters, their strength also gradually increases
Spoiler
You can have only 10 emitters, sorry. But infinite Cannons!
[close]
[close]
[close]

Spoiler
The Warpdrive is a friend.. Usually. Unless you warp your HQ into enemy fire... play with it. You might not need it if you're better than me.
[close]

Spoiler
Defensive struc is really useful here.
Spoiler
Create a self healing ring of mines, and at one corner, use those to "farm" amp gems.
Spoiler
Remember, mines lathe emitters first, and then things like amp gems. PRPLcores are emitters.
Spoiler
Why a self healing ring of mines? Well, because it'd be a shame to have them completely wiped out by nasty nasty stray particles.
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Spoiler
That portal sucks in particles and when it's fully charge.... well sets off a "defensive net" of vibrating particles.
Spoiler
Those vibrations can sometimes ... ummm ... cause twin particles to be born, anywhere on the field, even under CMs - it's a bug I accepted as a feature
Spoiler
Notice that friendly particles aren't affected... or are they? Dun dun dun...
Spoiler
Yes... Yes they are. 
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Laithaldien

Spoiler 1:
Don't hide it, that's awesome! Almost ignored the map (because Sorrontis:), glad I didn't.

Spoiler 2:
No idea what it was intended for. Or how to make it useful. Somewhat erratic.

Spoiler 3:
Do it.

Spoiler 4:
I don't believe you. Way to accurate and evil to be a mere bug.
Especially since I carpet-bombed Struc everywhere and ships still exploded without making a dent to it.

bgzzz

Quote from: Sorrontis on July 14, 2018, 12:25:19 AM
so, umm... hints?

Oh... I didn't realize until just now... The Ctrl+(whatever) only works when the game is unpaused. Sorry :(

Ctrl+Y makes new energy mines, Ctrl+U Cannons, Ctrl+H friendly emitters, Ctrl+J Amp gemse
Spoiler
Each time you make a core, the price of making new core of the same type increases
Spoiler
But for two of them, mines/emitters, their strength also gradually increases
Spoiler
You can have only 10 emitters, sorry. But infinite Cannons!
[close]
[close]
[close]

Spoiler
The Warpdrive is a friend.. Usually. Unless you warp your HQ into enemy fire... play with it. You might not need it if you're better than me.
[close]

Spoiler
Defensive struc is really useful here.
Spoiler
Create a self healing ring of mines, and at one corner, use those to "farm" amp gems.
Spoiler
Remember, mines lathe emitters first, and then things like amp gems. PRPLcores are emitters.
Spoiler
Why a self healing ring of mines? Well, because it'd be a shame to have them completely wiped out by nasty nasty stray particles.
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Spoiler
That portal sucks in particles and when it's fully charge.... well sets off a "defensive net" of vibrating particles.
Spoiler
Those vibrations can sometimes ... ummm ... cause twin particles to be born, anywhere on the field, even under CMs - it's a bug I accepted as a feature
Spoiler
Notice that friendly particles aren't affected... or are they? Dun dun dun...
Spoiler
Yes... Yes they are. 
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Sorry to say that, but randomly having ship that explode isn't fun at all

Sorrontis

Did I say fun? I said it's a feature ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

ChaosMaster130

You must be new to Sorrontis space if you think your ships randomly exploding is a problem  ;)
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

GoodMorning

To be precise: It might be a problem, but it's probably not a bug.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

stevo

Calling the random particle thing a bug is just a lie. it boils my... blood.

Red Wizard

Oh my god.  I just played this map for 2 hours, taking the center land mass, finally defeating the spinning ship and the emitter below it, before I realized there were any special objects to create.  smh.  Guess it's time to restart, playing as the map was intended.

Agree that the random blowing up aspect is just frustrating, without adding an enjoyable challenge aspect.

Also, I have to say, Sorrontis, you absolutely make the best maps.  I've been playing through them in creation order and it's brought the game back from the dead for me.  Thanks for continually thinking outside of the box.

Sorrontis

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy my work. Unfortunately, I'm pretty much retired now. Life responsibilities really bit me the the proverbial butt.  ;D