Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #923: Sleeper Galaxy ep1

Author: replicator
Size: 480x270

Desc:
A hole trip bring us to a new galaxy

chwooly

I tend not to comment on maps since I have been told my comments come out rude and snarky but what is the purpose of this map?

So I will just say this map is not fun, 6k particles and 47mk7's on 10 huge ships is nothing more then a lag fest, Hopefully you will learn from this and if you continue to make maps will make them so that there is some fun in playing them. And getting a loss condition because of a random shot just makes this even more of a rage quit/low score map. So I do hope you make maps because you enjoy it and not because you're not looking for high map numbers.

Cheers

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

replicator

Sorry 4 ur HQ lost chwooly, of course Im not looking for the best rate, i dont care it ;D

I Just like BIG battles, BIG ships and BIG guns, better if it is really hard to win (Sorrontis is my god)  EVE style  :D
I needed 5 save games  :o to complete it! I liked it then, edited and replayed again with a bit of story and making
it more difficult to share it for those that have fun when things become NOT EASY.
Dying is easy in space. Perhaps it havent got sense 4 u but I made it because i enjoy that kind of fights.

I wana include Death Star size shipS with the ship builder in the next episodes and learn a bit prpl if i have time.
More mk7,  maybe berthas,  and trying to break 6k particle limit one way or another  8)

I only have a bit of lag on this map maybe you cannot play this on fullscreen with your pc.

This map is not hard, only a bit long and
Spoiler
Save the game men  ;D ;D ;D ;D You only need to protect your HQ
[close]

chwooly

Quote from: replicator on October 27, 2017, 05:09:20 PM
Sorry 4 ur HQ lost chwooly, of course Im not looking for the best rate, i dont care it ;D

I Just like BIG battles, BIG ships and BIG guns, better if it is really hard to win (Sorrontis is my god)  EVE style  :D

This map is not hard, only a bit long and
Spoiler
Save the game men  ;D ;D ;D ;D You only need to protect your HQ
[close]

It's only on maps with 6k particles that I get lag, I like to play at 4x speed when possible and I tend not to use save games, I am 50/50 on Sorrentis's maps. Some I like and some I think he builds just to see how many people he can get to rage quit.  :o

I enjoyed Eve for a few years but unfortunately it required more time then I was able to give to it.

Anyway, Glad to hear your not looking for ratings, I look forward to more maps from you, Just hope you will turn down the particles a bit.

I can't believe I am saying this
Spoiler
but maybe take a page from Sorrentis and use indestructible particles so you can use less of them and then not have so much lag.
[close]

Cheers

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

CyberDyneSystems

I am in it for the slog fests when they are enjoyable and challenging.

I loved this map!

As with everything in life, different strokes for different strokes. Sure there are maps that are universally bad, where the author took no time, but this map had a lot of thought put into it, the need for Omnis and the difficulty to get them, that no way Omnis can do it alone, etc.

For me as soon as I saw those 9MK7 ships I became very aware of what emitters I was going to trip, releasing blue particles that could summon Mk7 fire into my small safe haven. Once I started to get enough blue particles out there, the base ship was surrounded to protect it.