Custom Map #8854: Immortal Emitters Try 6. By: nathanaelps

Started by AutoPost, September 03, 2020, 12:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8854: Immortal Emitters Try 6

Author: nathanaelps
Size: 119x119

Desc:
Inspired by the CW4 emitters, take on a landscape of immortal emitters! Emitters are not destroyed by nullifiers, but they are weakened enough that a steady supply of packets will render them incapacitated. Don't run out of power, though, or they'll come back to life! Now with immortal runner nests and spore towers! Currently playing with a new terrain generator as well, let me know what you think.

TrickyPlayer

3x3 square terrain generator really favours the player a lot. I don't have time to play the level yet, but why would I ever nullify the spore towers other than win condition? The spores probably cost less energy per second (I didn't test that though)
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

nathanaelps

Thanks for the feedback. I see what you're saying, and I think I experienced it as part of the development, but I definitely ignored it. Let's see what I can do to fix the situation.

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: nathanaelps on September 04, 2020, 11:06:33 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I see what you're saying, and I think I experienced it as part of the development, but I definitely ignored it. Let's see what I can do to fix the situation.

Easy enough, make it harder to stop all the spores a spore tower creates. Either increase number of spores, or the health of a spore. Beams really bring down your energy fast, having to use 10 beams non-stop is like 30 energy per second. The other possibility is to change the cost for keeping spore towers inactive. Maybe decrease the speed at which ammo is lost inside the spore tower if there is anticreeper under the tower?

That should be enough suggestions to choose from, but if you can think of something better you should just do that instead.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Helper

I don't have any ideas about new tactics with these maps, but I'm having fun with them.
Thanks,
H

nathanaelps

OK guys, thanks for the feedback. I've tried to address them on the next map in the series, I'd be interested in hearing more.

toolforger

You don't get the typical one-minute warning for spores firing.
Losing a mission just because the explanations were incomplete just isn't fun, so I was somewhat pissed.

Nice approach in general, I'll have to see if I can say more after that forced replay.

UPDATE: And then the spores already need more beams than usual.
I hate it when you're just killed because you couldn't know, and I'm starting to get really angry about this.

5/10, and I'm very unlikely to ever return.