Custom Map #898: Easy Peasy Sorrontizzy. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, September 24, 2017, 03:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #898: Easy Peasy Sorrontizzy

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 104x320

Desc:
It's really easy. Just go up to the particle emitter. Poke it a few times, you win! (PS: No, it's not that easy) #SorrontisMap (You've been warned) #PRPL

KingGladiator88

It was fun. Til the last wave when the cannons can snipe you at any part of the map and all my units get instagibbed.

Sorrontis

Ah, the dreaded cannons. They are tough, especially if you don't take care of the first one before you summon the two in the last wave. The only thing that works as a good cover is the island and thick ships. Small ships make good sacrifice too. Combine the cannons with the mines, and you've got some great fun (for the particulates). :)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

toolforger

This is one of those maps full of instakill surprises.
I should mention that I hate that kind of map. It is the opposite of strategy, it is just learning by heart which mines are going to blow up where and not being there when they happen. It is even worse because some things warp in later than others, so it is hard to see what actions cause what consequences.

One of the worst maps I ever played. The only winning strategy is saving often and reversing any decisions that cause an instakill - that's the exact opposite of strategy.

wfo92gt

Um... no win possible? I destroyed everything except for the stunner spawners, and they have the force field that usually means you need a totem to destroy them, or they are not part of the condition to win...

I even burned away all the rock...

Sorrontis

Quote from: toolforger on September 26, 2017, 01:52:07 PM
This is one of those maps full of instakill surprises.
I should mention that I hate that kind of map. It is the opposite of strategy, it is just learning by heart which mines are going to blow up where and not being there when they happen. It is even worse because some things warp in later than others, so it is hard to see what actions cause what consequences.

One of the worst maps I ever played. The only winning strategy is saving often and reversing any decisions that cause an instakill - that's the exact opposite of strategy.

Mines are visible if you pay attention. They have a shimmer to them, and an amp-gemmed lathe ship can destroy them. Heck, they aren't strong enough to kill a ship that approaches them slowly. Now, having all your ships in a spawning mine field, yeah, that's a problem.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Sorrontis

Quote from: wfo92gt on September 26, 2017, 02:59:15 PM
Um... no win possible? I destroyed everything except for the stunner spawners, and they have the force field that usually means you need a totem to destroy them, or they are not part of the condition to win...

I even burned away all the rock...

That's odd.

Can you include a screenshot of the whole map? Also a save file would be great.

ChaosMaster130

DAAAANNNNGGGgggggggggg.... That was definitely a Grade A Sorrontis map.

But it is done. The emitter has been poked. many MANY times. But it was poked.

So yeah 19:30 woo!  8) Wonder if anyone will beat it later on. for now it feels good.
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

KingGladiator88

Also you can use Rock Burner to carve a spot in the middle of the island to stick your HQ in, that will buy you some time so it doesnt die instantly.

Sorrontis

that works. I burned some land to prevent the mire spawners from miring the land.

KingGladiator88

What is the range on the cannons that spawn?

I wound up with 1 emitter in the south and 1 cannon in the south but could not get over there and lathe some mines and the cannon before it tore my fleet apart. Also, do they get stronger over time? Eventually the cannons were firing bursts of a dozen particles or so and overwhelmed the 4 omnis i had and took the island over and sniped everthing in the top corners.

Sorrontis

Range? Full map range I believe.

And yes, the last two that spawn get stronger. This is not a map for turtle strategy :)
Also, as per traditional Sorrontis maps, the second play through is easier.

Johnny Haywire

EVIL map! Bad! Bad!

This map was so evil I felt it necessary to apologize to the keyboard & mouse for putting them through such misery. Did you know keyboards can cry? It's true.

Being the turtle that I am, I turtled this anyway. Hollowed out pretty much the entire island to hide from whatever nasties should arise. Managed to hold it the entire game but I had to save/load about 20 times.

I'm probably late to the PF party, and I dunno how many people play your maps but if they still do I would suggest having someone nearby who's qualified to help with a last will and testament. Just sayin'
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?