Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1974: SWARM

Author: wirgo
Size: 480x270

Desc:
GOOD LUCK

Jim359

Whoa, this thing is a beast.  A little too much of a beast IMHO.

I'll give ya one tip.  Spread out FAST.  And no, I haven't beat it yet.

After four runs at it, I gave up.  I was unable to get even remotely close to even getting a foot hold.  I last about 5 or 6 minutes then a wave of red just washes over everything.  I can't help but wonder if the 4 people who beat it are using any cheats.

Finally beat it!!!!  22 minutes or so IIRC.

Kalleion

It's definitely beatable, I finished in 14:53, I technically beat the map 20-30 seconds faster but there was still some omni pick-ups left.

You have to go very fast at the start, pushing aggressively with omnis to capture as many flip emitters as possible, I think you need to have the first 3 sets of land secured before the enemy struct bumps into you. Even then I was losing ground for a bit before I had enough omnis and C-classes to turn the tide back. It is possible if things go slightly smoother to grab some land on the 4th column, I think I was literally 1 energy tick away from having 6 or 7 omnis built before my mine was destroyed. I think my research order was Omni reactors, omni cannons, energy mines, defensive struct, energy range. After that it doesn't matter too much because you'll either be stable or lose.

Edit: Also make sure you place your own struct, I covered the whole map from the start but being more precise is probably better.

Jim359

Quote from: Kalleion on November 19, 2023, 04:20:37 AMIt's definitely beatable, I finished in 14:53, I technically beat the map 20-30 seconds faster but there was still some omni pick-ups left.

Thank you for confirming it is beatable without cheats.  I Guess this will be unbeatable for me, however.  This is actually the first map I have played that I couldn't finish/beat, brain is getting slow and defective I guess, lol

Did finally beat it at around 22 minutes.

Hogfodd

Quote from: Kalleion on November 19, 2023, 04:20:37 AMIt's definitely beatable, I finished in 14:53, I technically beat the map 20-30 seconds faster but there was still some omni pick-ups left.

You have to go very fast at the start, pushing aggressively with omnis to capture as many flip emitters as possible, I think you need to have the first 3 sets of land secured before the enemy struct bumps into you. Even then I was losing ground for a bit before I had enough omnis and C-classes to turn the tide back. It is possible if things go slightly smoother to grab some land on the 4th column, I think I was literally 1 energy tick away from having 6 or 7 omnis built before my mine was destroyed. I think my research order was Omni reactors, omni cannons, energy mines, defensive struct, energy range. After that it doesn't matter too much because you'll either be stable or lose.

Edit: Also make sure you place your own struct, I covered the whole map from the start but being more precise is probably better.
Thanks for this.  Got it on the 3rd try.  the Key for me was to use the HQ to open up as many mines as possible to get a few omnis on a bunch of the islands and flip emiters.   It was still a close run thing.  Really well balanced map.