Custom Map #9620: Properly casual and NO tricks. By: Martin Gronsdal

Started by AutoPost, July 31, 2021, 05:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9620: Properly casual and NO tricks

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 80x200

Desc:
can I get sub 5 min times? there are like 700 ways to do this map. Have fun!

Riskbreaker

i'll try a sub 10 and be happy with it...sub 5 is just crazy haha

Johnny Haywire

Crazy? Who's crazy? I'm not crazy and neither am I  :P

But YOU, sir, are crazy for suggesting we try for a sub-5-minute time on a map that's as fun as this. Do the people at Disney World ask you to finish all the rides in under 5 minutes? I think NOT! Why? Because rides are FUN and you know they must be. Why? Because I used all caps, which is unarguably proof of my infallible analytical prowess. So you must agree with me or keep silent.  :-X

This map is simply too fun to rush through. Could we finish the map in under 5 minutes? Could we finish Disney World (or a more preferable amusement park, if you so prefer) in under 5 minutes? Could a rabid butterfly beat up Smokey the Bear? Sure, I mean possibly... I mean who knows? That's not the right question to ask.

The right question to ask is whether one SHOULD finish this map in under 5 minutes, and I think that any aardvark which has ever sat upright in the pilot seat of a commercial airplane would heartily concur that maps as entertaining as this one should NEVER be done so quickly. Lotsa fun!

Thanks for the map!  ;D

You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Martin Gronsdal

Funny

There was a balloon in the shape of an aardvark in the streets of Amsterdam where I'm on vacations and I found it very funny.

And no, I didn't visit any of the funny bars before "seeing" that balloon

And now I wake up to this comment

Thanks for playing!

D0m0nik

Helper

I missed this one the first time around and will now commence to having some "Haywire" style fun, whilst partaking of some of that Amsterdam style brewski.
Thanks,
H

Johnny Haywire

LOL @ all. You guys rock! Well, you either rock or you're stoned... or maybe you're stoned from listening to hard rock, who knows? Either way, it's good stuff!  8)

Martin Gronsdal

Johnny Haywire

HA! The infamous aardvark of Prince Henry! I remember when he brought that thing back from one of his naval voyages. After it died, he had it stuffed but his wife threw it out because... well, it stunk really bad. I think her name was Amalia(?) but we just called her Mali-Mari. Pity how she died. She refused to let this strange, evil-looking "Count Something-or-other" bite her neck so he breathed out some kinda gaseous cloud which filled her lungs, effectively suffocating her. (I think the cover story was "pneumonia"). When the Count turned to me and pointed I just pulled down my collar and was like, "Dude, whatever - just don't breathe on me, k?" Ah, strange memories - that seems like ages ago.

Did you happen to get a pic of the rabid butterfly attacking Smokey the Bear? Cuz that one has an even MORE interesting story behind it!  :o

Martin Gronsdal

The nature of my work forbids me  taking such photos   8)

marvinitfox

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on August 07, 2021, 11:33:24 AM
Aardvark in Amsterdam

Amsterdam, Noord Holland, Nederland.

The ONE PLACE in the world where the animal name "AardVark" is not strange, indeed it is a clear descriptive name.

To the English-speaking countries, the name is as exotic and  incomprehensible as "Armadilo" or "Pangolin" (and most people would not know the one from the other)

Johnny Haywire

Martin Gronsdal

marvinitfox

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on August 08, 2021, 04:10:19 PM
I've never been to Amsterdam. Is it like Hoover Dam?  :P

Silly!
It is AMSTERdam, not AMPERdam.   (almost-dam or barely-dam, for those who do not Dutch)

Now to the Dutch.... get that word image out of your mind, next time you hear your hometown's name.
Almost-damn   ;-)