Predict the release of Particle Fleet

Started by Karsten75, January 20, 2016, 02:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

The first bets - mostly on the availability of the beta release, has started to expire and some players are now losing points. Additional bets can still be submitted.

Fireball14

03 June 2016 - Early Access
01 July 2016 - Release
Window: +2 day

*i hope  ;D*

Ninja

How many points do I get if I predict that the beta/early access will never come, and instead it will just go straight to full release, and I'm right?

Karsten75

Quote from: Ninja on March 25, 2016, 01:57:12 PM
How many points do I get if I predict that the beta/early access will never come, and instead it will just go straight to full release, and I'm right?

Ask instead how many points you will lose if you're wrong. :)

Ninja

Quote from: Karsten75 on March 25, 2016, 05:17:06 PM

Ask instead how many points you will lose if you're wrong. :)
I've never been much for philosophy, though I do get into it on a more surface level.
So, I don't get any points if I predict that beta will never come out and I'm right?

PS:

Bet on general availability: July 7, 2016
Window of 1 day (assuming that means it has to come out on July 7 for me to be right)

Karsten75

Having thought about it some more. I guess we could structure a bet. Say 500 points per day between the day the bet is made and the day the game ships in general availability. Penalty points are 500 per day for every day the game is in beta or  early access up to the general availability release. You either win the positive points or you lose penalty points. No offset between the two.

It's not a safe bet, though.

jaworeq

I'll offtopic a bit, as you guys already do so :P
There's also a matter of definition of beta. I think friends and family beta already started, as in the last video we've seen results posted by ppl other than virgil.

Karsten75

Quote from: Fireball14 on March 23, 2016, 10:07:41 AM
03 June 2016 - Early Access
01 July 2016 - Release
Window: +2 day

*i hope  ;D*

This bet was invalidated because an edit was made to the entry. Rules say you may not edit anything.

Karsten75

All bets above this accepted or rejected. Further bets can be placed. This post is merely a placeholder.
Please check your bets for correctness in the Google Docs spreadsheet and report any errors/omissions.

Ninja

Quote from: Karsten75 on March 30, 2016, 05:39:28 PM
All bets above this accepted or rejected. Further bets can be placed. This post is merely a placeholder.
Please check your bets for correctness in the Google Docs spreadsheet and report any errors/omissions.
So my bet was rejected?
I don't mind if that's the case, just want to make sure you didn't miss it.

Karsten75

Quote from: Ninja on March 30, 2016, 10:28:49 PM
So my bet was rejected?
I don't mind if that's the case, just want to make sure you didn't miss it.

Sorry, I missed it. It's now included and accepted. :)

Shockblast DX

The videos I've seen make this look a lot like CW2. What I'm worried about, is that the aspect of Creeper World will be destroyed if this continues.

This game doesn't even really look like Creeper World Game 4 when it comes to the enemy type. It's just saddening.

GoodMorning

Perhaps (near-certainly) it is not meant to?

I think that by CW3 there is not a lot more that Creeper can do, given CRPL, without changing utterly.

Particles is a new concept, and is rather different.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Nicant

Quote from: GoodMorning on April 04, 2016, 07:54:33 PM
Perhaps it is not meant to?

I think that by CW3 there is not a lot more that Creeper can do, given CRPL, without changing utterly.

Particles is a new concept, and is rather different.
Also, it is not creeper world 4.
CW4 hype!!

SuperTerminator

I tried making CW3 custom maps once upon a time. I kinda failed. My maps were too large/stupidly long/stupidly easy. I think I only ever made one really good map, and its not for people who hate spores. I mean it'd be good shock therapy xD