Custom Map #2262: teks47 drones defeat phantoms 2

Started by AutoPost, May 20, 2013, 01:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2262: teks47 drones defeat phantoms 2

Author: teknotiss

Desc:
more phantoms. no coils. again. get in there i guess!

Shimizu

I'm really confused.  I get the kill the white drones to get anticreep to keep base from going splat, but there must be some game mechanic I'm not familiar with especially with the finish times I'm seeing, otherwise the 2000m drones just roflstomp everything.
Meow?

teknotiss

Quote from: Shimizu on May 20, 2013, 03:00:47 PM
I'm really confused.  I get the kill the white drones to get anticreep to keep base from going splat, but there must be some game mechanic I'm not familiar with especially with the finish times I'm seeing, otherwise the 2000m drones just roflstomp everything.
if you whack about 12 blasters to the left of the 2000M drones and then open it up, before other gateways, you are supposed to get tons of AC flooding your base.
the AC drones are prob insuffcient to defend against the phantoms.
don't cut up into the 2000M drones, cut left into them and leave their chamber as, there is a field stopping the C from leaving the gateway area, but you need a small space to generate the AC flip effect
if this doesn't happen i can't explain it.
hope it helps  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Shimizu

Ah, the 'too much creeper in 1 spot becomes ac' mechanic.  I was aware of it, just never actually played a map that required it to win.  ;)
Will go try. lol
Meow?

malibo29

Nice one.
Especially i liked the timing-challenge in the beginning. After some tries i managed to destroy all gateways (not the ones at the left) before the first minute ended. Afterwards it was just finishing of.  :)

teknotiss

wow i was expecting some fast times but your's malibo29 is amazing. well done! :D
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus