Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10001: 036-bad 2 the bone

Author: AlexX
Size: 240x240

Desc:
some micromanagement at the beginning

Loren Pechtel

I suspect someone more skilled could have killed more of those towers before they flooded but I finally managed to expand fast enough to get enough defenses up to weather the storms.  Once you reach that point it's pretty easy.

D0m0nik

The key with this one is

Spoiler
send over a sniper to the far right to set off the AC bug chain. Then use sprayers and guppies to bring ore back to the CN.
[close]

rennervate

Quote from: D0m0nik on April 27, 2022, 03:10:49 AM
The key with this one is

Spoiler
send over a sniper to the far right to set off the AC bug chain. Then use sprayers and guppies to bring ore back to the CN.
[close]

....psssst
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

D0m0nik

Loren Pechtel

The key with this one is

Spoiler
[close]

I don't see how to exploit it but the top left of center likewise.

hawgwash

The key with this one is

Spoiler
[close]
I do think the game (and others like this) would be better if you could identify ahead of time which bugs carry creeper and which don't.

rennervate

Quote from: hawgwash on April 28, 2022, 10:44:23 AM
The key with this one is

Spoiler
[close]
I do think the game (and others like this) would be better if you could identify ahead of time which bugs carry creeper and which don't.

u got a point... but u don't need the ac 2 win/finish the map. i think such things makes the game more interesting

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: rennervate on April 28, 2022, 11:09:31 AM
Quote from: hawgwash on April 28, 2022, 10:44:23 AM
The key with this one is

Spoiler
[close]

u got a point... but u don't need the ac 2 win/finish the map. i think such things makes the game more interesting

Yeah, my first try i didn't know about the AC bugs, beat it after a few restarts.  The pile of AC over there doesn't really make that much difference.

D0m0nik

Yeah I must admit, now it is no longer a surprise my frist run through is build a couple of snipers and send them off at 4 speed without any consideration for the base. Once I have worked out the bugs I restart.

hawgwash

To clarify, I like the idea that some bugs give AC.  I agree it makes the game more interesting.  But I like to plot out my strategy ahead of time.  In this map, I tried a sniper on the bugs close to the starting point to see if they had AC and it was of course worse than a waste of time; it was detrimental.  I guess I'll try Domonik's approach of an initial start that is only to find the bugs with AC.  Thanks for this and all the other interesting maps, AlexX.

Helper

Quote from: D0m0nik on April 28, 2022, 01:03:31 PM
Yeah I must admit, now it is no longer a surprise my frist run through is build a couple of snipers and send them off at 4 speed without any consideration for the base. Once I have worked out the bugs I restart.

I'm just getting ready to try this (after bombing out on the "easy" one).

The X man mentioned in an early map that he "always" has AC bugs in his maps, it's just a matter of finding and exploiting them.

Here goes.

H

rennervate

Quote from: Helper on April 29, 2022, 05:15:50 AM
Quote from: D0m0nik on April 28, 2022, 01:03:31 PM

I'm just getting ready to try this (after bombing out on the "easy" one).

The X man mentioned in an early map that he "always" has AC bugs in his maps, it's just a matter of finding and exploiting them.

Here goes.

H

well...always...was probably a bit exaggerated... sry